Refund demand

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
jasonmcroy
Device ID: 1061D18E, 1070B743, 1076A10B

Re: Refund demand

Postby jasonmcroy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:55 pm

If that is the case then why can’t you just tell us what is going on. All you leave us to do is speculate. If you are so certain the channels will turn you certainly could bring us into the loop on why they were moved in the first place. Your company needs some help on how to communicate with customers.
We don't know what is going on - that is the problem. We are as pissed off as you are.

In parallel we are working on a plan to provide some level of credit to current HDHomeRun Premium TV customers.
Thanks nickk for the information here. Personally, I don't expect a refund or credit or whatever at the moment unless this goes on for much longer. My feelings are that you have given us free DVR service since the Kickstarter, you replaced two of my device plugs for no charge and did the changeover on my two Extend units from the old fan model to the new fanless model for a modest charge with extremely quick turnaround. Going a few days without some channels, while annoying, isn't such a big deal for me.

I appreciate the service I have been given over the past 6 years from you guys and while I would really like to see the new UI improvements I am overall very happy.

ycavan

Postby ycavan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:55 pm

thanks for the response, nickk

clarkss12
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951

Postby clarkss12 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:32 pm

If that is the case then why can’t you just tell us what is going on. All you leave us to do is speculate. If you are so certain the channels will turn you certainly could bring us into the loop on why they were moved in the first place. Your company needs some help on how to communicate with customers.
We don't know what is going on - that is the problem. We are as pissed off as you are.

In parallel we are working on a plan to provide some level of credit to current HDHomeRun Premium TV customers.
Thanks nickk for the information here. Personally, I don't expect a refund or credit or whatever at the moment unless this goes on for much longer. My feelings are that you have given us free DVR service since the Kickstarter, you replaced two of my device plugs for no charge and did the changeover on my two Extend units from the old fan model to the new fanless model for a modest charge with extremely quick turnaround. Going a few days without some channels, while annoying, isn't such a big deal for me.

I appreciate the service I have been given over the past 6 years from you guys and while I would really like to see the new UI improvements I am overall very happy.
+++++ 1

Zig

Postby Zig » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:37 pm

[TOS VIOLATION: multiple forum accounts]

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:45 pm

Wish there was a like button!

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:04 am

Me too.. It seems a lot of people here haven't gone through what we Prime users went through when that was sorta in beta back in 2012 but to stick it out for a smooth running piece of equipment, saving literally thousands of dollars on CableTV STB rental fees and bogus DVR taxes. I trust SiliconDust will get this sorted but it may take a bit of time.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Postby signcarver » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:12 am

If you don’t know what is going on how can Nate be certain that the channels will return as he stated earlier? We are missing something here. There has to be a reason the channels have been removed from SD’s service and not from other services that source from Omniverse like SD does. I tried contacting Omniverse today but have had zero response.
He never was certain... he stated they are expecting the channels to come back that is far from certainty but at this time is what SD has to assume until they know more (after all, they contracted for such) but wanted to squash any FUD coming from the fact that they rightfully delisted such offerings on their home page for the time being since they are not currently available.

ZacMan
Device ID: 10115FF2, 1033A485, 13106388, 13111AC9, 1060B7DD

Postby ZacMan » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:51 am

Me too.. It seems a lot of people here haven't gone through what we Prime users went through when that was sorta in beta back in 2012 but to stick it out for a smooth running piece of equipment, saving literally thousands of dollars on CableTV STB rental fees and bogus DVR taxes. I trust SiliconDust will get this sorted but it may take a bit of time.
I went through the Prime days and I'm still a big SD supporter. At least with the Prime SD had some control since it was their hardware and firmware that could be tweaked to resolve most of the issues. I just wanted some type of information besides the health status stating the channels are down.

I appreciate the update from Nikk that they don't know what's going on and that they're pissed off. At least I know it's something beyond their control and I can focus my displeasure at the real source of the problem.

ycavan

Postby ycavan » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:00 am

^-- +1

& this is what I was trying to say in the other thread. All of us just want communication from the company & it's heartening to hear that SD is pissed that this is happening.

Andrroid

Postby Andrroid » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:27 am

This is key but only half of the puzzle. Credit is absolutely owed due to the service interruption (whether people watch/record these channels or not is irrelevant). But the other side of this is transparency. I know you guys have stated you are still investigating/trying to find the cause of this issue but we need to be kept in the loop if faith is to be restored in this service. We need a full explanation why this happend and what steps you are taking to prevent it from happening in the future. Communication is vital here.

clarkss12

Postby clarkss12 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:19 am

This is key but only half of the puzzle. Credit is absolutely owed due to the service interruption (whether people watch/record these channels or not is irrelevant). But the other side of this is transparency. I know you guys have stated you are still investigating/trying to find the cause of this issue but we need to be kept in the loop if faith is to be restored in this service. We need a full explanation why this happend and what steps you are taking to prevent it from happening in the future. Communication is vital here.
Hahaha

Andrroid

Postby Andrroid » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:22 am

Hahaha
Solid contribution to the discussion.

clarkss12

Postby clarkss12 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:39 am

Hahaha
Solid contribution to the discussion.
The famous 5 whys. I was a skilled trades supervisor at a major automotive assembly plant, and any time the **line** stopped for more that 3 minutes due to a maintenance issue I had to write the 5 why's. Your statement brought back those horror memories...

GAHomeRunner

Postby GAHomeRunner » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:52 pm

Thanks for at least expressing the same level of frustration and a wee bit of advice on what you think will happen for premium subscribers!

Catbigred

Postby Catbigred » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:29 pm

I request everyone stay civil. Yes we are paying for a service and interruptions happen. But delays in response from your vendor (omniverse) isn't acceptible. The longer this drags on especially with the recent out of beta status is a black eye. The service works as intended for the other channels. But having an entire group removed without knowing what's going on is a hard pill to swallow. Keep fighting Nick and team! We and you deserve answers from them.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”