Changing my location - using between two homes

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
Tokyotony

Changing my location - using between two homes

Postby Tokyotony » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:26 pm

I am living temporarily on the East cost for about a year but will travel back to the West cost every so often. Can I still watch Premium channels in both locations (at different times)? And, how does the HDHR determine which broadcast (East or West) to show?

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Re: Changing my location - using between two homes

Postby nateb » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:24 am

Premium TV bases what you see on the physical location of your HDHomeRun device. So if you are bringing your device with you, it'll update to that location. If you leave it at home and browse remotely using something like Plex or Emby, it'll stay with the original location.

ebo
Device ID: 1016F746, 101C8CF9, 1041F134, 10532394

Postby ebo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:10 pm

I have a related question with an added complication. I expect to soon have 2 HDHR boxes that can receive PTV. 2 tuners each, so not exceeding the maximum. I'm on the east coast. I plan to take a vacation to Arizona, take one of the boxes with me and leave the other at home to make scheduled recordings. I presume AZ is considered west coast. Is this a problem? Will the one I leave stay east coast and the other switch to west? Or will they both switch back and forth? I'll be using Schedules Direct for my recording guide service both places; they have both PTV guides available.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Postby signcarver » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:56 am

Each tuner will be "local" but I would suggest that to have both active at the same time in different locations (recording) would be in a grey area of the rules that shouldn't be discussed here (i.e. years ago, it was posted that such situation one should have 2 DVR accounts for this situation, unfortunately the tuners can't be on 2 accounts at once)

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:36 am

I have a related question with an added complication. I expect to soon have 2 HDHR boxes that can receive PTV. 2 tuners each, so not exceeding the maximum. I'm on the east coast. I plan to take a vacation to Arizona, take one of the boxes with me and leave the other at home to make scheduled recordings. I presume AZ is considered west coast. Is this a problem? Will the one I leave stay east coast and the other switch to west? Or will they both switch back and forth? I'll be using Schedules Direct for my recording guide service both places; they have both PTV guides available.
At that point it will be detected as two separate households and one will disable.

No problem taking both units with you.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”