Overlapping /merged program data in Guide - caused by inclusion of HDHomeRun PREMIUM TV channels

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
smithtm

Overlapping /merged program data in Guide - caused by inclusion of HDHomeRun PREMIUM TV channels

Postby smithtm » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:50 pm

I have both an HD HomeRun Prime (Cable TV tuner) and an HD Connect (OTA tuner) connected to my home LAN. I also subscribe to the DVR package, which extends the Guide data. The Guide shows both the Cable channels and the OTA channels, but the Guide also shows the HDHomerun PREMIUM TV channels (which I do NOT subscribe to), and that causes a problem. The problem is that some of the channel numbers used by the Spectrum Cable provider are the same channel numbers used by SD's HDHomeRun PREMIUM TV IPTV service. An example is channel 1206, which is WGHP (the local FOX affiliate) on the local Spectrum system, but 1206 is also the channel assigned to ESPN by the Silicon Dust PREMIUM TV service. The Guide is confused by this, and instead of showing both, is showing one instance of channel 1206 but with merged data, with elements from both channels mixed. For example, the guide has channel 1206 labeled as "WGHP FOX", but the programming it is showing is for ESPN.
I do not subscribe to PREMIUM TV, so I really don't need it showing in the guide. But even if I did subscribe to it, Silicon Dust needs to account for channel numbers used by cable TV systems being duplicated by PREMIUM TV, and configure the Guide to deal with that.

Are others having this same problem? Is there a way to eliminate the Guide from showing the programming for PREMIUM TV since I do not subscribe to that?
Thanks

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: Overlapping /merged program data in Guide - caused by inclusion of HDHomeRun PREMIUM TV channels

Postby signcarver » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:20 am

You really only have two options if not on comcast west... 1st is don't subscribe to PTV and disable the PTV demo channels on the non-primes. 2nd if you want PTV is network segregation. A third issue available to some without too much trouble is to disable channels on the prime... one of my 3 locations allows me to do this as it has an HD "only" lineup so the channels are mapped to what is usually their SD counterpart (i.e 1005 is now 5). But I have been asking them to "fix" this since they first launched the demo channels. My one location that "works" has another issue that if the TA goes out, it won't work as it does not physically receive the SD channels and the HD numeric equivalent is handed out by the TA not the cablecard map.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”