Hallmark Offline - and missing on the tuner

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
Birkholze

Re: Hallmark Offline - and missing on the tuner

Postby Birkholze » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:36 pm

Came hoping for an update after realizing half the channels are gone this evening. Wtf. I just can't renew for next month.

dsinema

Postby dsinema » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:19 pm

FWIW. If you are using your HDHR for OTA television and can pickup the ION channel, they have comparable Christmas movies to Hallmark. I’ve been recording some for my wife and daughters and they seem to like them. I know it’s not Hallmark, but it seems to provide some relief.

And here’s hoping SD gets stuff figured out quickly for the missing channels.

mike3

Postby mike3 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:37 pm

FWIW. If you are using your HDHR for OTA television and can pickup the ION channel, they have comparable Christmas movies to Hallmark. I’ve been recording some for my wife and daughters and they seem to like them. I know it’s not Hallmark, but it seems to provide some relief.

Lifetime is also another that plays a lot of Christmas vacation.

pixelstuff

Postby pixelstuff » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:58 pm

I would rate the production quality and script quality among this Christmas focused channels like so:

Hallmark 10 out of 10
Lifetime 8 out of 10
Freeform 8 out of 10 (very few originals though)
ION 4 out of 10

dsinema

Postby dsinema » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:31 pm

I would rate the production quality and script quality among this Christmas focused channels like so:

Hallmark 10 out of 10
Lifetime 8 out of 10
ION 4 out of 10
I don’t watch’em I just record’em :P

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:09 am

Hallmark 10 out of 10
Lifetime 8 out of 10
ION 4 out of 10
Netflix has a lot of Xmas movies

Hallmark also gets a 10/10 for hiring the worst actors.

pixelstuff

Postby pixelstuff » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:43 am

Hallmark 10 out of 10
Lifetime 8 out of 10
ION 4 out of 10

I'd have to say that Netflix movie The Christmas Chronicles with Kurt Russell was first class. One of the better Christmas productions out there.

alexander7567

Postby alexander7567 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:43 am

Hallmark 10 out of 10
Lifetime 8 out of 10
ION 4 out of 10

I'd have to say that Netflix movie The Christmas Chronicles with Kurt Russell was first class. One of the better Christmas productions out there.
Everyone has their own taste.. that is for sure! Me and the wife very much disliked that movie but all I keep hearing is how everyone else loved it lol.

pixelstuff

Postby pixelstuff » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:47 am

Everyone has their own taste.. that is for sure! Me and the wife very much disliked that movie but all I keep hearing is how everyone else loved it lol.
My preference is overtly sci-fi and action. So that is probably why I liked it so much, with just enough sentimental moments at the end to give it a feel good ending.

jseymour

Postby jseymour » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:30 am

My preference is overtly sci-fi and action. So that is probably why I liked it so much, with just enough sentimental moments at the end to give it a feel good ending.
My wife and I loved it, too. But we both like Sci-Fi, she's become accustomed to action movies after being married to me lo these many years, and, while she can tolerate a degree of sappy sentimentalism, I have almost no tolerance for it at all.

I've seen the kinds of Christmas movies on the likes of Hallmark, Lifetime, ION, etc. No thanks!

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”