Hallmark Offline - and missing on the tuner

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
mike3

Re: Hallmark Offline - and missing on the tuner

Postby mike3 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:53 am

SD said that they would let us know the issue by yesterday and have NOT.
I just saw this and wanted to correct it. I said that I would update on Friday with whatever news I could. I have done this. See the health thread. I never promised more than that. I hate that the the update I gave wasn’t especially substantial, but that’s how it is sometimes. My next promise is to update again on Monday. It’s possible that update will be just as frustrating. I am sorry there wasn’t more to say.
I assume more bad news for this week.

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:11 am

Skystream tv still has Hallmark, what's up with that?

mike3

Postby mike3 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:16 am

You confirmed this?

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:25 am

You confirmed this?
Someone using Skystream said they are watching it right now. Maybe they are lying, can't tell for sure.

pixelstuff

Postby pixelstuff » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:01 am

You confirmed this?
Someone using Skystream said they are watching it right now. Maybe they are lying, can't tell for sure.
I just now activated the 7 day trial on skystreamtv.com and can confirm that Hallmark is working. Also that the feed quality on other channels is just as mediocre as it is here.

mike3

Postby mike3 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:04 am

You confirmed this?
I just now activated the 7 day trial on skystreamtv.com and can confirm that Hallmark is working. Also that the feed quality on other channels is just as mediocre as it is here.
Last week they were reporting the channel was down. Maybe this is a sign the channel will be back soon?

pixelstuff

Postby pixelstuff » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:16 am

Last week they were reporting the channel was down. Maybe this is a sign the channel will be back soon?
Maybe. Let's hope.

I can also report that the interface on SkystreamTV is pretty crappy on the Amazon Fire TV. Their guide doesn't let you scroll infinitely through the week. So you have to pick Wednesday from a date picker and view that, then if you want to view upcoming shows for Thursday you have to go back to the date picker. Very inconvenient.

Their system for recording a show seems broken also. I think I activated a show to be recorded, but for some reason now every show in the entire guide shows a red dot. As if I set all shows on every channel for the rest of the week to record. Weird.

Jbpete

Postby Jbpete » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:20 am

The good news is if other providers using Omniverse have Hallmark back that means SD should be able to
figure this out. I hope it happens soon. If I don’t get hallmark back soon my wife will want me to switch back to another streaming provider so she doesn’t miss out on all the Christmas movies. I really like the flexibility of Premium TV pulling into Plex with the antenna channels and being able to record all the channels.

rbuecker

Postby rbuecker » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:21 am

when hallmark first disappeared I wasn't able to find anything about it- and checking again I'm glad I've found this thread. my wife is also looking forward to its return, sooner the better!

pixelstuff

Postby pixelstuff » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:29 am

when hallmark first disappeared I wasn't able to find anything about it- and checking again I'm glad I've found this thread. my wife is also looking forward to its return, sooner the better!
Like I said earlier, I don't expect any kind of refund, but one thing that might be nice is if SiliconDust could give us a free month or 2 weeks or something. Perhaps they can convince Omnivision to make that feasible.

mike3

Postby mike3 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:33 am

Like I said earlier, I don't expect any kind of refund, but one thing that might be nice is if SiliconDust could give us a free month or 2 weeks or something. Perhaps they can convince Omnivision to make that feasible.
That would be nice.

At this point, I had to use ***** for a month to get the Hallmark channels. It would be nice if everything is finally fixed today.

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:49 am

You confirmed this?
Warning never log in again after you cancel, they automatically restart your subscription .

bhassell
Device ID: 10707266

Postby bhassell » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:05 pm

Between Hallmark and Lifetime...Wife spends most of her time here. Losing Hallmark and the sparse information as to what is being done and past performance issues, I have no choice but to cut this cord and move on as well. The payment method has been cancelled so it will NOT auto-renew.

Once SD get it's ducks in a row and can provide a reliable, trouble free and more robust service perhaps I will try again. I feel certain they will get there, but it is not worth the frustration to others in the household while they move in that direction.
Patiently watching and waiting for any signs of progress on this issue. Have tried several other providers and to be honest, though quality is better, they all lack the level of integration that SD's product delivers. Losing 7 additional channels today however is not encouraging.

I am certain that I am not the only former customer also watching this thread with similar hopes for this platforms success.

Patiently waiting....

Zorg

Postby Zorg » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:35 pm

Wow. No update on Hallmark and seven more channels lost today? That doesn't seem good. The silence is deafening.

Jbpete

Postby Jbpete » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:43 pm

Wow. No update on Hallmark and seven more channels lost today? That doesn't seem good. The silence is deafening.
Agreed. Things are not looking promising. So sad. This has tons of potential to be the solution I have been waiting for. I am worried about the lack of control SD seems to have over their premium tv channels.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”