Hallmark Offline - and missing on the tuner

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
pixelstuff

Hallmark Offline - and missing on the tuner

Postby pixelstuff » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:25 am

Hallmark Channel has been offline for at least 18 hours now (mentioned in viewtopic.php?f=129&t=69262). It's also missing from my tuners now, as if it was removed from the lineup.

Can you comment on what the actual problem is yet?

control4reak

Re: Hallmark Offline - and missing on the tuner

Postby control4reak » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:32 am

Unable to play here as well

sspell

Postby sspell » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:27 pm

gone here too not showing in slice.

snowcat87

Postby snowcat87 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:41 pm

Hallmark put out something on twitter last night:
https://mobile.twitter.com/hallmarkmovi ... gr%5Etweet

I'm no fan of Hallmark, but losing this channel during their annual "we play Christmas movies till you puke fest" has reduced the girlfriend acceptance factor to ZERO. Lord help me if the family can't watch Christmas movies after Thanksgiving dinner.

If it isn't fixed soon (or at least SOME word about when it might be fixed), this premium channels experiment may get nixed.

pixelstuff

Postby pixelstuff » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:50 pm

Hallmark put out something on twitter last night:
https://mobile.twitter.com/hallmarkmovi ... gr%5Etweet

I'm no fan of Hallmark, but losing this channel during their annual "we play Christmas movies till you puke fest" has reduced the girlfriend acceptance factor to ZERO. Lord help me if the family can't watch Christmas movies after Thanksgiving dinner.

If it isn't fixed soon (or at least SOME word about when it might be fixed), this premium channels experiment may get nixed.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's 5 new movies in a row starting tonight at 8:00pm. If they can't get it fixed by tonight, that is some really bad timing.

ycavan

Postby ycavan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:08 pm

Wife noticed earlier that Hallmark is not in the guide as well. Can we get an update on this?

bhassell
Device ID: 10707266

Postby bhassell » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:13 pm

Between Hallmark and Lifetime...Wife spends most of her time here. Losing Hallmark and the sparse information as to what is being done and past performance issues, I have no choice but to cut this cord and move on as well. The payment method has been cancelled so it will NOT auto-renew.

Once SD get it's ducks in a row and can provide a reliable, trouble free and more robust service perhaps I will try again. I feel certain they will get there, but it is not worth the frustration to others in the household while they move in that direction.

tpm

Postby tpm » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:44 pm

I just wanted to send all my best, to all of you who have wives. Hang in there.

Cozz

Postby Cozz » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:52 pm

I had to do an EMERGENT subscribe direct to Hallmark movies to let the wife access the movie lineup starting tonight :shock: .

She also demanded I rip out this service that went back to demo mode for three days during her other recordings a few months ago and now blocked her from her girl time tonight. I just got charged the SD (non-refundable) renewal fees the other day too. It was nice while it lasted but all services have to be wife approved. Hopefully I can offload my 4 different tuners. Have to pull all the FireTV's back out too.

pixelstuff

Postby pixelstuff » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:45 pm

I had to do an EMERGENT subscribe direct to Hallmark movies to let the wife access the movie lineup starting tonight :shock: .

She also demanded I rip out this service that went back to demo mode for three days during her other recordings a few months ago and now blocked her from her girl time tonight. I just got charged the SD (non-refundable) renewal fees the other day too. It was nice while it lasted but all services have to be wife approved. Hopefully I can offload my 4 different tuners. Have to pull all the FireTV's back out too.
Just sit on them until Feb/March and try it again... maybe.

jseymour

Postby jseymour » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:27 pm

I just wanted to send all my best, to all of you who have difficult wives. Hang in there.
FIFY :)

NYPlayer
Device ID: 104112F4,104162C4,10438DAD,10438DF5,10701381,13147C7B,131A192A

Postby NYPlayer » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:32 pm

WAF - The excuse grown men make when they do not like something.

Happy thanksgiving to all the Wives and Husbands.

Cozz

Postby Cozz » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:44 pm

WAF affords me a $5K/year technology budget. She wants Hallmark and I get to buy whatever I need to make it happen. I regret nothing.

After three hours of research and rearranging of hardware we are settling on HDHR Premium for me (so I can keep recordings) and ***** for her. We'll see. I may warm up to cloud DVR in time and offload all the physical hardware.

pixelstuff

Postby pixelstuff » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:06 pm

WAF affords me a $5K/year technology budget. She wants Hallmark and I get to buy whatever I need to make it happen. I regret nothing.

After three hours of research and rearranging of hardware we are settling on HDHR Premium for me (so I can keep recordings) and ***** for her. We'll see. I may warm up to cloud DVR in time and offload all the physical hardware.
I think if the cloud DVR people would remove the time limits (as long as subscription is maintained) it might be workable, but having a one or two month limit while also limiiting hours of storage is too limiiting.

A few movies and shows I want to save permanently for viewing whenever needed and some shows I'd like to save until the off season to binge watch the season.

Even if I only have 20 hours of storage, I should be able to store shows as long as as I maintain the subscription without them automatically being deleted in a few months.

tpm

Postby tpm » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:10 pm

I just wanted to send all my best, to all of you who have difficult wives. Hang in there.
FIFY :)
I don't really think people are being difficult when they're frustrated they're not getting what they paid for at the time of the year the channel is in highest demand. I'm sure SD is working on it, too. Rough timing.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”