HDHR Premium APP for Amazon Fire Stick

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
GuentherA

HDHR Premium APP for Amazon Fire Stick

Postby GuentherA » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:38 pm

I'm trying to setup the service but I can't find anyway to acquire the APP for the Fire Stick AND why do I need one of the OTA boxes just so I can stream TV over the internet?

A somewhat confusing situation!

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Re: HDHR Premium APP for Amazon Fire Stick

Postby nateb » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:28 pm

Hey, our service ties decoding a Premium TV stream to an HDHomeRun tuner. This means to stream HDHomeRun Premium TV, you need an HDHomeRun device. Also, to install the HDHomeRun app on Fire TV, just do a search for HDHomeRun. It'll pop right up.

GuentherA

Postby GuentherA » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:01 pm

Hey, our service ties decoding a Premium TV stream to an HDHomeRun tuner. This means to stream HDHomeRun Premium TV, you need an HDHomeRun device. Also, to install the HDHomeRun app on Fire TV, just do a search for HDHomeRun. It'll pop right up.
No APP could be located for the Amazon Fire TV Stick when searching with Google. Also, I don't appreciate having to buy another product just to activate another one.

I'll be cancelling my purchase of the "Premium" app.

nateb
Silicondust

Postby nateb » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:41 am

No APP could be located for the Amazon Fire TV Stick when searching with Google. Also, I don't appreciate having to buy another product just to activate another one.

I'll be cancelling my purchase of the "Premium" app.
If you bought Premium TV and you don't have an HDHomeRun, you SHOULD cancel it. We don't want to charge you for a service you can't use.

Also, while there's no point in discussing it now, since you don't have an HDHomeRun, for anyone else who sees this, don't do a search on google for a Fire TV app. Do a search on Fire TV. Hold down the voice button on your Fire TV remote and say, "HDHomerun app." It'll pop right up.

GuentherA

Postby GuentherA » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:08 am

Will the HDHR Extend product suffice to 1) Validate the license embedded in the Premium streaming application and 2) Provide whatever continuous "handshaking" protocol is required by the SD mother ship?

Thanx for your support thus far. :?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Postby signcarver » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:50 pm

The extend on most recent firmware is a device that can receive Premium TV. Keep in mind that the device uses a tuner slot to access the content. This allows it to work with nearly any software that supports the modern method of tuning by virtual channel number, it will not work with apps such as WMC that require to tune by frequency for the devices that offer premium tv (connects and extends).

GuentherA

Postby GuentherA » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:16 pm

Thank you for your reply. I believe that answers my main concern. :)

sspell

Postby sspell » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:16 pm

You could also use a Quatro 4 tuners or a Connect 2 tuners you don't need an Extend unless you really need the transcode feature of the Extend.

GuentherA

Postby GuentherA » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:50 pm

Ok, believe I have the following devices setup and linked correctly:

Amazon FireTV stick with the HD HomeRun App installed.
Installed an HD Homerun Connect device on my internal LAN and performed the "Link" process which says its connected.
I opened the firestick and then opened the HDHomeRun App from the app dashboard. There is a notice in the lower left corner of the display the states that the app and the connect found each other BUT no further activity has occurred, what is the next step I need to perform please?

nateb
Silicondust

Postby nateb » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:46 pm

Are you not being sent immediately to live tv? That SHOULD be what happens next. It should not stay on that screen. Perhaps try restarting the app?

edit: Have you hooked an antenna up to the Connect?

edit2: I see you've started a different thread for this specific issue. Ignore my questions. Follow Nick's answer.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”