Stuttering - qjudge

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
jason531

Re: Stuttering - qjudge

Postby jason531 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:10 pm

I’m literally watching espn right now and not seeing this. What general location are you guys?
Nashville area.

bhassell
Device ID: 10707266

Postby bhassell » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:23 pm

Back to normal....So, who fixed what?

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Postby nateb » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:36 pm

Looking for Ownership here? Whoever your ISP is should be lit up. And btw, whether it is their network or another backhaul provider....they (as do you) own the problem.

Point being the problem is NOT your customers...but you can see they will begin voting with their feet if this is not OWNED and RESOLVED Quickly...
Uh, what? No one was looking for ownership. The goal isn't to angrily blame people. The goal is to find and solve the problem. Tonight there was evidently a weird routing issue affecting a few random people. This is why we asked where you were. If you are accidentally getting routed to a server all the way on the other side of the country, that's something we need to fix.

bhassell
Device ID: 10707266

Postby bhassell » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:01 pm

Better communications from SD that you recognize a common problem based on multiple Customer Reports...and are taking Action to Resolve it is all that is needed. To me that IS Ownership...and says to customers, "We have this, and you do not need to a thing" This is meant as a constructive criticism that you and your folks can use or ignore.

Quick question...why doesn't this rise to the level of a System Status notification. Seems like nothing short of a Systemwide Outage gets communicated

I do appreciate all the feedback.

qjudge

Postby qjudge » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:33 am

qjudge - confirmed significant problems routing traffic to your location.

What is your location? We have you in MN with the closest datacenter location as Chicago but things are routing through Atlanta for some reason.

Nick
Sorry for the delayed response. Twin Cities area. Things seem to be working better this morning - was a root cause found? I get that there are a lot of DIFFERENT things that can go wrong between SD and our home networks, but the SAME thing(s) shouldn't be happening again and again...

Zorg

Postby Zorg » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:01 am

Yep. Back to normal here in Central Illinois as well. At least the half-dozen channels I flipped through while heading out the door at 6:30 this morning.

These & past-week stuttering issues combined with the Discovery Channel time-zone snafu over the weekend, we've missed a half-dozen shows that my family was looking forward to. Some can be re-recorded, but others not. In the grand scheme of things it's "just TV", so not the end of the world. But I'm losing patience. I don't care about blame either, it just needs to be fixed. I get it that some things are out of SD's control, but those of us affected in this thread live hundreds of miles apart. It's not like we're in the same town with the same ISP.

4k Netflix, HBONow, & Amazon Prime Video were all perfectly fine last night. ISP bandwidth tests reporting 200+Mpbs download; totally normal.

I was frustrated enough last night that I just restarted my YouTubeTV subscription. MNF was flawless there; zero stuttering & PQ was spectacular.

TheRafCave

Postby TheRafCave » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:21 pm

In MN, PTV channels studdering, OTA channels work fine. Any fix coming soon?

qjudge

Postby qjudge » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:28 pm

I ended up opening a support ticket, as it's been up and down for the last 24 hours...was working fine during the day, but around 8pm it went south again. Got fixed by support rerouting traffic, but it started stuttering again ~20 minutes later. I think it's related to the latest outage notice (top of the forum), but if these issues all have to do with intermediary routers, ISP issues, etc...why am I not experiencing ANY issues with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video or YouTube?

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”