HDHR Client for Fire Stick channel lineup incomplete.

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
thomasj

HDHR Client for Fire Stick channel lineup incomplete.

Postby thomasj » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:55 pm

I just set up an in-house HDhomerun DVR with premium channels. I am using an Amazon Fire Stick on my TVs. The HDhomerun client app for the Fire Stick has a problem. The loading of program info for many channels stalls and will not show anything past about 4 hours of programming. The client for Codi seems to be the most up to date app. and works flawlessly.

Is there an update for the Fire Stick client app forthcoming in the near future? I also have a Samsung smart TV that the HDHR app for it is so archaic, it's totally useless. Could please replicate your client app for the Codi for all other platforms ASAP? Until then, I may have to go back to Plex for my home system which means I will not be able to integrate the premium channels into my setup. :(

Also, The one thing that HDHR really needs is a fully functional grid lineup for channel display and one that can be page indexed by the day for an easy channel/time search.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Re: HDHR Client for Fire Stick channel lineup incomplete.

Postby nateb » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:50 pm

I just set up an in-house HDhomerun DVR with premium channels. I am using an Amazon Fire Stick on my TVs. The HDhomerun client app for the Fire Stick has a problem. The loading of program info for many channels stalls and will not show anything past about 4 hours of programming.
This should not be the case. You should be getting either 24 hours or 2 weeks of guide data, depending on whether you have DVR. If it is only showing 4 hours, you are experiencing a bug. Please spend your device ID to suppport@silicondust.com and they should be able to work it out.

thomasj

Postby thomasj » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:27 pm

Never Mind...
I was working with the Fire Stick just now. the TV remote CEC connection seemed to quit working also, last night and would not re-pair with the TV. I rebooted the Fire Stick and that seamed to cure all problems, including the HDHR app's problem.

thomasj

Postby thomasj » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:18 am

I had the Fire Stick start messing up again along with the CEC link to the TV while moving around the channel lineups in the HDromerun client. I don't think that this is a Fire Stick problem but a bug in HDHR's app that is corrupting the Fire Stick.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Postby nateb » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:49 am

Again, this is a curious problem, and we won't be able to solve it unless you contact support.

thomasj

Postby thomasj » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:04 pm

I have opened up a ticket on this gut the problem extends beyond the app running on the Fire Stick. I just installed Kodi in Raspbian, a version of Debian Linux, and installed the HDHR app in that. While running the HDHR app, Kodi crashes.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”