Discovery Channel, TLC, APL - East vs. West Fixed?

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
Zorg

Discovery Channel, TLC, APL - East vs. West Fixed?

Postby Zorg » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:19 am

Did you guys change the East/West feed for the Discovery Channel? It's been Pacific-only since the beginning and is still listed as such on your FAQ.

ChannelsDVR missed a recording overnight and when investigating today I see that I'm receiving content that doesn't match up. "Dirty Jobs" is airing right now but both ChannelsDVR and HDHomerun app guides say it should be a fishing tournament. Local cable is airing the same episode of "Dirty Jobs" right now, so that's actually the correct-to-me Eastern feed as I live in Central.

Is this intentional? That's great if so, but needs to be public so people are aware and developers can fix their guides!

Did any other channels move?

Update... Looks like TLC and Animal Planet may also be in Eastern too? Content is similarly 3 hours off the guide for me.

Wildcat_1

Re: Discovery Channel, TLC, APL - East vs. West Fixed?

Postby Wildcat_1 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:04 am

Seeing the same issue on A&E, created a post here - viewtopic.php?f=129&t=70225

Use Channels DVR as well and it is missing recordings due to this as well. @nickk or others at SD can you confirm there has been a change so that other devs can update their guide of this is now a permanent shift ?

Thanks

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:20 am

The change wasn't scheduled to go live yet - I have a support ticket in with our upstream provider.

tsheley

Postby tsheley » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:23 am

So are you saying there is a plan to get the West Coast feeds changed over to the Eastern Feeds for all channels? If so that is great. That is the only reason I don’t use the service.

Wildcat_1

Postby Wildcat_1 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:28 am

Thanks @nickk, please keep us posted as all of us users and of course the devs for apps/services like Channels DVR will need to make updates accordingly. Is the plan to convert all to ET guide then ? Any light you can shed on the change that 'wasn't scheduled to go live yet' ?

Thanks again
The change wasn't scheduled to go live yet - I have a support ticket in with our upstream provider.

Zorg

Postby Zorg » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:54 am

If this can't be resolved quickly, can we get a list of the channels that may be affected (all of the Pacific-only?) so I can review upcoming recordings and try to manually adjust schedules? Only one lost recording for me so far that I can easily pickup again when re-aired. But if this goes on for a few days it's going to become a mess.

It is great news of the intent to get rid of the Pacific-only channels. Once correctly implemented with guide support in place, certainly one less hurdle for many folks.

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:20 pm

We have a long standing request in to add additional time zone variants of some channels.

The channel variants should have been added with new channel IDs so we could test and map appropriately.

Instead the Pacific feeds for these 3 channels are suddenly Eastern time zone. We are waiting to hear back from our provider as to what is happening and what happened to the Pacific feeds.

Nick

tsheley

Postby tsheley » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:27 pm

We have a long standing request in to add additional time zone variants of some channels.

The channel variants should have been added with new channel IDs so we could test and map appropriately.

Instead the Pacific feeds for these 3 channels are suddenly Eastern time zone. We are waiting to hear back from our provider as to what is happening and what happened to the Pacific feeds.

Nick
If you guys can get the pacific feeds set to eastern for us eastern folks I will sign up that day. That is the only reason I cancelled back in August. Keep us posted. :D

Wildcat_1

Postby Wildcat_1 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:13 pm

@Nickk as mentioned in my thread this definitely appears to be other channel as well. Like I mentioned, A&E is also suffering the same, PT guide with ET feeds.

Nick

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:28 pm

We haven't heard back so I switched the guide for Eastern/Central time zone customers to Eastern for DSC, TLC, and APL so the guide is correct in HDHomeRun apps. The app will show the new guide when relaunched. The DVR will pick up the change in the next 2 hours.

For Pacific time zone customers I changed the feed so it should start playing Pacific content once the HDHomeRun resyncs.

Nick

Wildcat_1

Postby Wildcat_1 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:37 pm

@nickk we’re you able to look into A&E as well ? I’m still seeing the same issue, PT guide with ET feeds. Thanks
We haven't heard back so I switched the guide for Eastern/Central time zone customers to Eastern for DSC, TLC, and APL so the guide is correct in HDHomeRun apps. The app will show the new guide when relaunched. The DVR will pick up the change in the next 2 hours.

For Pacific time zone customers I changed the feed so it should start playing Pacific content once the HDHomeRun resyncs.

Nick

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:18 pm

@nickk we’re you able to look into A&E as well ? I’m still seeing the same issue, PT guide with ET feeds. Thanks
This will need some more investigation - lets continue in your first thread here: viewtopic.php?f=129&t=70225

Zorg

Postby Zorg » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:18 pm

Nick
Thank you Nick. This is the kind of responsive support that keeps me a customer, even with some of my other frustrations (2.0! ;)). Appreciate it, especially on a Saturday. I can confirm that the HDHomeRun app guide now matches what I'm seeing for DSC, TLC, & APL. Great to see these as Eastern now, as that matches what we'd get from cable/sat. Is this a permanent change?

Now if only ChannelsDVR support can similarly update their guide info, I'll be back in business on those channels.

jasonmcroy
Device ID: 1061D18E, 1070B743, 1076A10B

Postby jasonmcroy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:13 pm

How does this affect those of us using Schedules Direct as a provider in Emby?

If the feeds are now correctly aligned per my local cable provider should I change the guide to that or leave as Homerun East like it is now?

Zorg

Postby Zorg » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:24 pm

How does this affect those of us using Schedules Direct as a provider in Emby?

If the feeds are now correctly aligned per my local cable provider should I change the guide to that or leave as Homerun East like it is now?
I don’t know about Schedules Direct stuff, but it’s just these three channels affected today. There are still a dozen or so that are Pacific-only.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”