Hallmark Channel - screw ups

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
pixelstuff

Hallmark Channel - screw ups

Postby pixelstuff » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:36 pm

Is anyone else having trouble with Hallmark Channel this afternoon? I had a few of the Christmas movies set to record and they were screwed up. It was like someone at Hallmark was messing around with the "playlist" or whatever they use to play the movies. One of the two hour recordings had pieces from 3 separate movies in it.

I thought maybe it was just a one hour thing, then just noticed it in the 8:00-10:00 pm slot also.

I'm assuming it's the Hallmark feed an not something the streaming platform is doing.

Maybe someone at Hallmark needs to be informed about it?

ycavan

Re: Hallmark Channel - screw ups

Postby ycavan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:48 am

My wife had mentioned that before and it seems to be a random thing that sometimes happens with hallmark.

OldManWalter

Postby OldManWalter » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Did Hallmark change on the channel numbering? CH 1458 no longer shows up on the listing.

rocky4546

Postby rocky4546 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:56 pm

Did Hallmark change on the channel numbering? CH 1458 no longer shows up on the listing.
I agree Hallmark has been removed from the listing

DataBaseGuy

Postby DataBaseGuy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:50 pm

Looking forward to SiliconDust's explanation for Hallmark Channel's removal. It may be a seasonal load issue.

parkertanner

Postby parkertanner » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:04 am

If there is a really bad time of year to lose the Hallmark Channel, this it is. My wife is really ticked and telling me to ditch this service. :(

passta

Postby passta » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:31 am

Hallmark channel was listed on my system last night but would not load. Today the entire channel is missing. I emailed Support, see what they say but this was the only channel my Wife wanted and watched, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

EDIT - Looks like its a known issue with support - viewtopic.php?f=129&t=69262#top

pixelstuff

Postby pixelstuff » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:13 am

Hallmark channel was listed on my system last night but would not load. Today the entire channel is missing. I emailed Support, see what they say but this was the only channel my Wife wanted and watched, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

EDIT - Looks like its a known issue with support - viewtopic.php?f=129&t=69262#top
Hopefully this is some kind of hardware issue and not a stupid contract dispute between Hallmark and whoever.

Phil.S

Postby Phil.S » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:06 am

I have the same issue - Hallmark is completely missing from Live, Discover and Tasks.

Contra1971

Postby Contra1971 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:55 pm

last night (the 23 NOV.) I had a loss of Hallmark, my wife mentioned it quick

I started a ticket yesterday evening but if i dont hear from them in the next hour I will cancl my Prime TV sub and go back to *****

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:34 pm

last night (the 23 NOV.) I had a loss of Hallmark, my wife mentioned it quick

I started a ticket yesterday evening but if i dont hear from them in the next hour I will cancl my Prime TV sub and go back to *****
It is a holiday weekend for our support staff.
We expect to have Hallmark back within the next week.

Nick

dtrottman

Postby dtrottman » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:35 am

Seriously? In my business support staff is always on call during holidays. We should expect any future holiday problems to be ignored? Not sure I want to stay signed up for this level of service.

Considering this problem and the "pixelation on a strong signal" problem, I'm glad I have a return window on most of the hardware I've invested in for this experiment. It would be so perfect if SD actually provided what they advertise.

In both these problems, there is no real comment from SD suggesting they are getting close to a resolution. Customer communication goes a long way to keeping the peace.

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:44 am

I actually like the fact that NickK gave his support staff the holiday weekend off. Holidays are meant to be with family, and I am sure they been working a ton of overtime to work on this. They too deserve to be with the family. It's great for companys to do that. Treat your employees right and they bend over backwards for you.

jseymour

Postby jseymour » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:43 am

I actually like the fact that NickK gave his support staff the holiday weekend off. Holidays are meant to be with family, ...
Indeed. I recall a kinder, gentler time when everything except essential services were closed on holidays. I look at how society is today, and remember what it was like back then, and cannot help but feel we've taken a Wrong Turn.

I wish more companies would follow SD's example in this case.

scubajwd

Postby scubajwd » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:08 pm

I actually like the fact that NickK gave his support staff the holiday weekend off. Holidays are meant to be with family, ...
Indeed. I recall a kinder, gentler time when everything except essential services were closed on holidays. I look at how society is today, and remember what it was like back then, and cannot help but feel we've taken a Wrong Turn.

I wish more companies would follow SD's example in this case.
+1

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”