What things do you like about Premium TV?

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
Noah0504

Re: What things do you like about Premium TV?

Postby Noah0504 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:58 am

SADLY, we as SD registered users, don't see that announcement on their website. We did not get a marketing newsletter about upcoming products. It came out of another website covering technology.
They posted a press release.
https://www.silicondust.com/about/news/
And I saw it on their Twitter. :P

pixelstuff

Postby pixelstuff » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:05 am

SADLY, we as SD registered users, don't see that announcement on their website. We did not get a marketing newsletter about upcoming products. It came out of another website covering technology.
I'm sure once the product is actually available for sale we'll see it on the front page and maybe an email.

It would have been cool though if they pushed out an email saying we are at CES booth ??? and will be showing off these new products available later in the year.

GAHomeRunner

Postby GAHomeRunner » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:56 am

Perhaps, but that is not getting the word out to your followers. It is not sufficient.

It is not modern marketing when you have a loyal customer base with email addresses that you continue not to inform directly.
Hiding such under a NEWS page is not marketing.
Putting it on the banner of your homepage is more where it belongs on your website.
Sending out emails to registered owners of your products is indeed marketing.
And that's just the basic tip of marketing efforts. Spending time at CES 2019 is great and all, but it is not direct marketing to current much less potential customers. The audience is not competition at a tradeshow. And a company cannot expect to pull off record sales by relying on news outlets at trade shows. This is a great product. Engage your loyal consumers more and take market share. They are on the right track with the new products that will be easier to use for basic users and I'm delighted to see it. But the word has to get out better.

meatball

Postby meatball » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:55 pm

The ability to have a few of those premium stations that we like (espn, bravo) and control what I record and where I record it too is the big driver for me. That’s where the premium service differentiates itself VS some of the others streaming services (for me at least).

jkirk77

Postby jkirk77 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:31 am

What I like about the HD Homerun with the Premum TV is the intergration with my Plex Server and Kodi.
This combinations intergrates the best aspects of all three products in to one frontend Kodi.

Riddler

Postby Riddler » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:54 am

Thank you for changing the information screen so it automatically goes away after a few seconds when changing channels. Makes a huge difference.

MuttJunior

Postby MuttJunior » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:30 pm

What I like about the HD Homerun with the Premum TV is the intergration with my Plex Server and Kodi.
This combinations intergrates the best aspects of all three products in to one frontend Kodi.
This is the main reason (along with cost and channels available) I selected it.

Joe369

Postby Joe369 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:42 am

$35 a month flat (slightly cheaper than youtube tv/*****/etc with IMO better channel lineup) no extra fees, ability to watch on multiple devices, ability to record dvr, great channel lineup, and integrates well with local OTA channels. I know better compression and stream quality is coming down the pipeline but it is good enough for now.

I am still trying to figure out how to watch live tv/recordings outside my home with a VPN connection but that is a different discussion.

Gewithers

Postby Gewithers » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:38 pm

$35 a month flat (slightly cheaper than youtube tv/*****/etc with IMO better channel lineup) no extra fees, ability to watch on multiple devices, ability to record dvr, great channel lineup, and integrates well with local OTA channels. I know better compression and stream quality is coming down the pipeline but it is good enough for now.

I am still trying to figure out how to watch live tv/recordings outside my home with a VPN connection but that is a different discussion.
If you use Channels it will work very nicely away from home without even needing VPN.

Ec2cJNvA7mPJNk

Postby Ec2cJNvA7mPJNk » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:25 am

[removed by moderator]

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”