epg123 Now Has a Proper Guide for Plex.

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
Noah0504

Re: epg123 Now Has a Proper Guide for Plex.

Postby Noah0504 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:19 pm

When I create an xmltv file in epg123 where is it saved to? I see a normal xml file in C:\ProgramData\GaRyan2\epg123\customLineup.xml but when I try to add that in Plex all of the guide channels show up blank.

I followed steps from earlier on in the thread to generate the file and can see all of the HDHR Premium channels and antenna channels all in epg123 before I saved and executed.
Did you make sure to actually select the channels in epg123? By default, all of the channels are deselected.

garyan2

Postby garyan2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:19 pm

When I create an xmltv file in epg123 where is it saved to? I see a normal xml file in C:\ProgramData\GaRyan2\epg123\customLineup.xml but when I try to add that in Plex all of the guide channels show up blank.

I followed steps from earlier on in the thread to generate the file and can see all of the HDHR Premium channels and antenna channels all in epg123 before I saved and executed.
C:\ProgramData\GaRayn2\epg123\output\epg123.xmltv

Bigsam411

Postby Bigsam411 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:22 pm

C:\ProgramData\GaRayn2\epg123\output\epg123.xmltv
In that folder I only got a file named epg123.mxf

Bigsam411

Postby Bigsam411 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:27 pm

Did you make sure to actually select the channels in epg123? By default, all of the channels are deselected.
Yeah I did that. I even went through and only selected the channels my antenna can get while there were more that were showing for my area (I would get those with a more powerful antenna).

garyan2

Postby garyan2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:28 pm

In the EPG123 Configuration GUI, did you enable the Create XMLTV file?

Bigsam411

Postby Bigsam411 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:31 pm

In the EPG123 Configuration GUI, did you enable the Create XMLTV file?
Yes I enabled that and then clicked on "Create XMLTV File" And then checked everything in there except local images. I then selected all of my channels in the lineups and clicked save and execute.

garyan2

Postby garyan2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:34 pm

Yes I enabled that and then clicked on "Create XMLTV File" And then checked everything in there except local images. I then selected all of my channels in the lineups and clicked save and execute.
I'm having problems with the latest release and "null" values. Could you try to use v1.2.7 instead... see if it works then.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bigsam411

Postby Bigsam411 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:44 pm

I'm having problems with the latest release and "null" values. Could you try to use v1.2.7 instead... see if it works then.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank You. That solved the issue...

... But now Plex is stuck at 0% updating the guide. I see all of the channels with "Unknown Airing".

Thanks again

garyan2

Postby garyan2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:48 pm

... But now Plex is stuck at 0% updating the guide. I see all of the channels with "Unknown Airing".

Thanks again
Did you uncheck the Enhanced Guide option in the DVR? That takes a ridiculous amount of time to import the XMLTV file with that enabled. Also, to help me troubleshoot my code, what lineups are you using so I can duplicate it?

Thank you/

Bigsam411

Postby Bigsam411 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:01 pm

Thanks again
Did you uncheck the Enhanced Guide option in the DVR? That takes a ridiculous amount of time to import the XMLTV file with that enabled. Also, to help me troubleshoot my code, what lineups are you using so I can duplicate it?

Thank you/
Just did that and sped everything up. Also the Lineups I selected were the HDHomeRun Premium TV - East and Antenna for zip code 48167. It all seems to be working now.

Thanks

RVRover

Postby RVRover » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:12 am

Is there something like EPG123 for Mac users?

TheRafCave

Postby TheRafCave » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:01 am

I downloaded the new software, but when I try to open the client, I see an hour glass then nothing opens.

tried uninstalling and re installing I get the same thing, and run as administrator...

Windows 10 64 bit.

garyan2

Postby garyan2 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:22 pm

I downloaded the new software, but when I try to open the client, I see an hour glass then nothing opens.

tried uninstalling and re installing I get the same thing, and run as administrator...

Windows 10 64 bit.
The client is only for Windows Media Center. If WMC is not installed, it should let you know that it cannot open/do anything. To create the XMLTV file, you just need the server component which is epg123.exe (EPG123).

EDIT: Sorry, just checked my code and it is aborting before firing the prompt that WMC is not installed. Sorry for the confusion, but epg123.exe is the one that creates the XMLTV file.

Trekkie

Postby Trekkie » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:53 pm

for Linux folks I've been using mc2xml with great success for a while now. I make two XMLs, first one for local cahnnels, then one for premium and merge them and then it auto-imports.

Since MS is still the devil and won't support NFS it does me no good to have it run on a windows box, as importing it takes too many hops skips and jumps vs just running mc2xml

I'm travelling back from the holidays today but I can post my command lines I run if you want (sans my special codes for schedules direct)

Noah0504

Postby Noah0504 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:35 pm

for Linux folks I've been using mc2xml with great success for a while now. I make two XMLs, first one for local cahnnels, then one for premium and merge them and then it auto-imports.

Since MS is still the devil and won't support NFS it does me no good to have it run on a windows box, as importing it takes too many hops skips and jumps vs just running mc2xml

I'm travelling back from the holidays today but I can post my command lines I run if you want (sans my special codes for schedules direct)
I thought I read there is an issue were everything gets marked as a movie in Plex (for some reason or another). Have you not had this issue?

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”