epg123 Now Has a Proper Guide for Plex.

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
Ranger One

Re: epg123 Now Has a Proper Guide for Plex.

Postby Ranger One » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:12 pm

Latest Version 1.2.5.20

garyan2

Postby garyan2 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:27 pm

I thought maybe this was related to how Plex interprets file paths or maybe network permissions, but I'm not so sure. On a Win10 machine with Plex server, I could point it to a shared xmltv file and it imported just fine. I used the UNC path name ... not a mapped drive. Maybe it's a Plex/Shield problem. Have you tried placing the xmltv file on the Shield to see if it will work locally?

Note on the epg123 configuration gui, you can click whatever options you want, but the xmltv option to "use local images from .\logos folder" for channel logos doesn't work for me... and I don't know what substitution path will work with Plex in order to make it work.

If you find out how to get the server to import the xmltv, you can set up an event trigger that will move the xmltv file to the desired location. The trigger would be the completion of the epg123_update task. Or you could add another action to the update task to move it then. Take a look at the task in task scheduler to see what I am talking about.

Ranger One

Postby Ranger One » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:09 pm

"I thought maybe this was related to how Plex interprets file paths or maybe network permissions, but I'm not so sure. On a Win10 machine with Plex server, I could point it to a shared xmltv file and it imported just fine. I used the UNC path name ... not a mapped drive. Maybe it's a Plex/Shield problem. Have you tried placing the xmltv file on the Shield to see if it will work locally?"

I've tried with putting the epg123.xmltv file in a folder on my Win 7 computer where I use the plex web configuration app, on my NAS & I put it in a folder on the NVidia Shield. No luck. Now whether I'm getting the paths right is another question. With most programs I use I usually get the option to "browse" to the location where the file is stored. There is no "browse" option in the Plex setup for the external xml file.

Ranger One

Ron

Postby Ron » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:53 pm

Are there any issues with EPG123 on a Windows 10 machine? Installed the application fine, but can't seem to open client or transfer tool on the Windows 10 machine.

garyan2

Postby garyan2 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:01 pm

Are there any issues with EPG123 on a Windows 10 machine? Installed the application fine, but can't seem to open client or transfer tool on the Windows 10 machine.
No issues with Win10. That's actually what I do development on.

Ron

Postby Ron » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:26 pm

Well that's interesting. I installed, uninstalled, and then installed again. Can only get to 1.26 configuration panel. Can't get to client. Have no idea where configured XML file is. Guess I'll have to work harder to get it to work.

Coincidentally, I had first tried it on a Windows 7 machine at work, and all three apps came up.

I'm anxious to give this a try with my Plex server. I'll keep plugging along.

garyan2

Postby garyan2 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:29 pm

Just realized something. The client and transfer tool will only work if WMC is installed.

garyan2

Postby garyan2 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:32 pm

Well that's interesting. I installed, uninstalled, and then installed again. Can only get to 1.26 configuration panel. Can't get to client. Have no idea where configured XML file is. Guess I'll have to work harder to get it to work.

Coincidentally, I had first tried it on a Windows 7 machine at work, and all three apps came up.

The XMLTV file will be located in C:\ProgramData\GaRyan2\epg123\output or [epg123]\output folder depending on where you installed it.

Ron

Postby Ron » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:53 pm

The XMLTV file will be located in C:\ProgramData\GaRyan2\epg123\output or [epg123]\output folder depending on where you installed it.
Thanks, Gary. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Ron

Postby Ron » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:26 pm

Thanks, Gary. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
Okay, Gary - I got it work. Thanks for your help. If only Roku allows for grid guide, like Apple TV does, would make things better. But that's up to the app developer.

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:58 pm

First Off, Emby has had a grid guide on Roku since inception of LiveTV on Emby.

Secondly, How'd you get epg123.xmltv to load into Plex. AFAIK, it didn't work but then the Plex provided guide just did with PremiumTV and OTA TV.

garyan2

Postby garyan2 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:50 pm

Secondly, How'd you get epg123.xmltv to load into Plex. AFAIK, it didn't work but then the Plex provided guide just did with PremiumTV and OTA TV.
Sammy, it has always worked. There is just something about your setup or Plex installation that gives you that error when trying to import the xmltv file.

I never had an issue.

Mattgob86

Postby Mattgob86 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:42 pm

Sammy, it has always worked. There is just something about your setup or Plex installation that gives you that error when trying to import the xmltv file.

I never had an issue.
I got mine to load by changing the name and extension to xmltv.xml

Ron

Postby Ron » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:44 am

I just transferred my Plex server to a WD PR4100 NAS. Also have HDHR on it. But having difficulty importing the EPG123.XMTV file to it. Error message that it's "invalid or missing file" after entering path from my computer. I then copied the XMLTV file to the NAS Public directory, and tried that. No luck. Same error.

Any thoughts? Why would it upload fine on my computer, when it was used as my Plex server, but not on the NAS? I'd really like to eliminate the PC and strictly run all of Plex from the NAS.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

ycavan

Postby ycavan » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:05 am

it might be an extension thing... try renaming your file to ptv.xml and see if that works to copy over.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”