epg123 Now Has a Proper Guide for Plex.

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
Ron

Re: epg123 Now Has a Proper Guide for Plex.

Postby Ron » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:22 pm

You need to run a nightly task from a batch file which contains this commands:

C:\progra~2\epg123\epg123.exe -update

This was thanks to another forum member/friend. Works like a charm. I run it at 1am, nightly and it updates my guide.

Bigsam411

Postby Bigsam411 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:25 pm

You need to run a nightly task from a batch file which contains this commands:

C:\progra~2\epg123\epg123.exe -update

This was thanks to another forum member/friend. Works like a charm. I run it at 1am, nightly and it updates my guide.
My Plex Server is on a Linux server that is not hooked up to a display at the moment. My Windows PC is on at random times so an automated batch file is out of the question. Is there another way to do this?

ycavan

Postby ycavan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:28 pm

you could try installing Wine and run a cronjob that calls a script w/ wine epg123.exe ...

garyan2

Postby garyan2 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:29 pm

Do I need to keep creating a new XMLTV file manually? I had initially created one with two weeks of Guide data and now there is no guide data downloaded. I assumed it would auto refresh. I missed a recording because of this.

Edit: In case I didn't clarify. I had guide data for two weeks and I assumed that with a year of Schedules Direct, it would just keep downloading it directly to the server to the XMLTV file. I will not want to be using this setup if I have to manually refresh every 2-3 weeks.
Create a scheduled task... reference the guide, page 12. If you are only creating the XMLTV file, then you need to setup the Server Mode task.

This will update the XMLTV file daily at whatever time you select.

garyan2

Postby garyan2 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:32 pm

My Plex Server is on a Linux server that is not hooked up to a display at the moment. My Windows PC is on at random times so an automated batch file is out of the question. Is there another way to do this?
Does your linux machine have a folder that your windows machine can copy the XMLTV file into after it updates?

Bigsam411

Postby Bigsam411 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:53 pm

Does your linux machine have a folder that your windows machine can copy the XMLTV file into after it updates?
Yes. I have checked out the scheduler. It looks as though the scheduler will just run the task the next time I turn on the computer if it missed a scheduled task. I Just need to find out how to automatically transfer the XMLTV file to the folder Plex is pointed to on the linux machine and replace it.

garyan2

Postby garyan2 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:01 pm

Yes. I have checked out the scheduler. It looks as though the scheduler will just run the task the next time I turn on the computer if it missed a scheduled task. I Just need to find out how to automatically transfer the XMLTV file to the folder Plex is pointed to on the linux machine and replace it.
If a scheduled run was missed, it will run when the computer is turned back on (that is the intent anyway). You also have the ability to wake up the computer to execute the task and it will then go back to sleep (if you allow it to sleep).

In the task scheduler, you can open the properties of the task and add an Action in the actions tab to copy the file over at that point. You can actually have up to 32 actions for each task IIRC.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”