Lineup Requests for Premium TV

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
boogmeister1

Re: Lineup Requests for Premium TV

Postby boogmeister1 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:06 pm

A lot in the current package could be dropped, but that's another story.
I think nickk said the base package is solid and won't be changed... if I remember correctly.

fizban11

Postby fizban11 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:53 pm

A lot in the current package could be dropped, but that's another story.
I think nickk said the base package is solid and won't be changed... if I remember correctly.
I think you are correct. However, he has also said in a post that there are other channel agreements that they are working on and that we should stay tuned, pardon the pun. Since almost every streaming service out there has two or three different tier levels of service for different prices, it wouldn't be going too far out on a limb to speculate that what Nickk meant is that this base package probably won't change, but that with other channel agreements being negotiated, there may be additional tier packages or possibly add-on packages. So, it's not outside the realm of possibility that there could be tier packages offered that drop certain channels in favor of others.

No tier will make everyone out there happy, but having 2 or 3 choices of tier packages might help to sway people to sign-up. Heck, if it were up to me, I would prefer to completely ditch the bundling of any channels and just choose a-la-carte programming. I only need a handful of channels. But, that's a pipe-dream and still not realistic in today's climate. As it stands, paying $35-$50 for a package with SD Premium TV or another service, is still much better than what I was paying for the same thing with D**. So, I, along with a lot of people, will voice my desire for channels and hope that one day we can get what we want.

As soon as the SEC Network is on-board, my monthly TV streaming payment is yours, SD!

dialitup

Postby dialitup » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:18 am

Big Ten Network and Fox Sports are the two big ones for me. Will have to cancel PTV and go back to PSVue during college basketball season unless we get something soon.

Neptunetides1983

Postby Neptunetides1983 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:41 pm

I agree that the channels are, as-is, pretty good. There's never going to be a perfect mix that suits everyone. I do really like the idea of add-on packs. Choice is good!

I still think BBC America is one of the most popular, common-channel omissions. That's the only "notable" missing channel for my household.

The Science Channel and Smithsonian would be welcome, but I doubt there's much widespread appeal in either of those.
For those who have said their wives insist on BBCAMERICA for Doctor Who season 11, The BBCAmerica app on Prime tv airs the latest episodes without needing "credentials", and will do the same for Killing Eve season 2.

Prime also has NFL Thursday night football.

Premium TV is working out well for us, with a few other apps filling in.

Rockus

Postby Rockus » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:04 pm

SEC Network :D
NBCSN
BBC America

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Postby nateb » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:19 am

I have split out the conversation about Spectrum. Please keep this thread specifically about lineup requests for Premium TV.

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:25 am

I have split out the conversation about Spectrum. Please keep this thread specifically about lineup requests for Premium TV.
As you can see, we're anxious about getting access to more content. Does Silicon Dust have an updated time frame on adding more channels, even as an add-on package is fine by me. I'm willing to pay a bit more than other services to have control over my DVR.

x64Man

Postby x64Man » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:36 am

As you can see, we're anxious about getting access to more content. Does Silicon Dust have an updated time frame on adding more channels, even as an add-on package is fine by me. I'm willing to pay a bit more than other services to have control over my DVR.
Glad you are anxious to get more content, up here in Canada, we would just like the coming soon service, lol.

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:57 am

Glad you are anxious to get more content, up here in Canada, we would just like the coming soon service, lol.
Oops.. Sorry.

Gewithers

Postby Gewithers » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:17 pm

For me all sports channels are a waste of bandwidth. All I really miss at this point is BBC AMERICA and any German channels you could get.

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:11 am

For me all sports channels are a waste of bandwidth. All I really miss at this point is BBC AMERICA and any German channels you could get.
I can take em or leave em too.. Until a game I might want to see is on, or my BiL's come over and need it on. I've got it mostly covered with the FoxSports App now.

What I'd like to see is FX et al, Sundance, BBCAmerica, Scripps and Science amongst a few others. For now, I'm keeping ***** going but have put YTTV on Pause for 3 months to see if I even miss it but preserve my grandfathered $35/month price.

boogmeister1

Postby boogmeister1 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:59 am

I can take em or leave em too.. Until a game I might want to see is on, or my BiL's come over and need it on. I've got it mostly covered with the FoxSports App now.

What I'd like to see is FX et al, Sundance, BBCAmerica, Scripps and Science amongst a few others. For now, I'm keeping ***** going but have put YTTV on Pause for 3 months to see if I even miss it but preserve my grandfathered $35/month price.
We just signed up for ***** too. The wife needs her Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Christmas movie fix. ***** seemed to be the cheapest option... no grid guide, though..

ycavan

Postby ycavan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:35 am

We just signed up for ***** too. The wife needs her Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Christmas movie fix. ***** seemed to be the cheapest option... no grid guide, though..
Ditto. We just signed up for ***** as well, to offset the missing channels in Premium tv. In this case, it was for DIY, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and Hallmark Drama.

Anymore, we go to my brother's house or to a local bar to watch games on BTN or FS1. <-- Let's please add these soonish.. wings are pricey nowadays haha.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Postby nateb » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:43 am

I'm not really familiar with the Hallmark channels. Do Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and Hallmark Drama carry a lot of shows that aren't on the regular Hallmark channel?

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:53 am

Ditto. We just signed up for ***** as well, to offset the missing channels in Premium tv. In this case, it was for DIY, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and Hallmark Drama.

Anymore, we go to my brother's house or to a local bar to watch games on BTN or FS1. <-- Let's please add these soonish.. wings are pricey nowadays haha.
Maybe have your brother give you a login with his provider to use to activate the apps?

(Let's not venture too far down that path in the forums though..)

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”