Lineup Requests for Premium TV

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
Sammy2

Lineup Requests for Premium TV

Postby Sammy2 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:27 am

Haven't seen this yet so I thought I'd start a thread on it so post your lineup requests here. Maybe SiliconDust will be able to deliver!?

For me:

Sports Line up with Fox Sports, NBCsn, CBSSports and ABCSports as well as maybe even BeIn Sports, or even break these into smaller tidbits?

Add on the extended channels for National Geographic, Discovery, Lifetime, Hallmark, etc? I see I'm missing NatGeo Wild but don't really watch it enough to make a difference.

Any other suggestions? Any way to create a poll?

[Just want to add, that using PremiumTV as a login for streaming services would be nice too]

jseymour

Re: Lineup Requests for Premium TV

Postby jseymour » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:45 am

Mentioned in one of the other threads: I'd like to see One America News. (But lack of it's not a show-stopper for us.)

Neptunetides1983

Postby Neptunetides1983 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:56 am

We like the lineup as is, just don't increase the $35 monthly cost.

gtb
Expert

Postby gtb » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:00 am

Haven't seen this yet ...
Actually, it has been discussed (rather extensively) in the larger context of the service. Perhaps you should read through that thread.

ACraigo
Device ID: 1062E8EE

Postby ACraigo » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:04 am

687 replies in 46 pages...

I enjoyed reading War and Peace, but it was quite an investment...

:)

jasonmcroy
Device ID: 1061D18E, 1070B743, 1076A10B

Postby jasonmcroy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:09 am

We like the lineup as is, just don't increase the $35 monthly cost.
I have to agree with this one. I am totally satisfied with the current lineup and I like the pricing.

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:20 am

I'd like FS1, Nbc sports and Nat geo wild, but not if it changes the price. It' between this and Playstation Vue, so far they are neck and neck

tmack41

Postby tmack41 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:31 am

I'd like to see more options as well. Right now VUE is giving me more of the channels I like, but I prefer managing my own recordings. Will be keeping an eye on this as VUE is suffering from price creep. Big ones for me are ID, Destination America, and Science channel.

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:23 pm

Actually, it has been discussed (rather extensively) in the larger context of the service. Perhaps you should read through that thread.
I have read that thread. The thing is it discusses EVERYTHING about Premium TV. My intent here is to bring to SiliconDust's attention in One Thread what specific lineups we are interested in getting.

As it stands now, I get way more for my $35 with YouTubeTV than I do with Premium TV, only exception being I maintain the DVR (positives and negatives here) and can stream the channels internationally over the internet without restriction using Emby.

sfatula

Postby sfatula » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:28 pm

I'd like to see GSN, FS1/FS2, AXSTV, BBCA, HMM

kwhaley29

Postby kwhaley29 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:57 pm

FXX and FXM would be nice additions but honestly the lineup is pretty well rounded as-is.

wellthatsnotgood

Postby wellthatsnotgood » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:39 pm

I think Fox Sports 1 and NBC Sports Network would be nice. But not critical.

RSNs would be helpful/convenient, but I think that would probably raise the price too much. All I'd really want it for is to watch Kings games on Fox Sports West, which isn't really worth any price increase.

Other than that the lineup covers most of my needs.

Cayars

Postby Cayars » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:51 am

NFL Network would be huge!

mgranger

Postby mgranger » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:09 am

I have read that thread. The thing is it discusses EVERYTHING about Premium TV. My intent here is to bring to SiliconDust's attention in One Thread what specific lineups we are interested in getting.

As it stands now, I get way more for my $35 with YouTubeTV than I do with Premium TV, only exception being I maintain the DVR (positives and negatives here) and can stream the channels internationally over the internet without restriction using Emby.
I agree with this. Maybe this is not the correct spot for this post so I may post this in the main thread as well.

I am trying to figure out if it worth keeping YouTubeTV or Premium TV. Right now with YouTubeTV I will only miss out on the extra sports channels during the college basketball regular season so I could probably get by without it but it is a nice to have for those occasional games I want to watch. Right now I am locked in with YouTubeTV at $35 a month so if I do get rid of it I will lose that price point so I will be less likely to come back at a future date if I do leave. I record a lot of OTA shows and planned on using YouTubeTV as a back up way to record shows in case my normal method was incorrectly recorded. This happens on occasion but not very often. When it does happen thought sometimes I don't find out right away if I am behind on a show so I have to go to the shows website to watch but I hate doing that due to commercials sometimes and some sites only keep so many episodes before they are locked. So basically I would use this as a backup method for recording shows which will record my show no matter what (even if my power is out for some reason) This is one negative I of Premium TV that will be hard to negate (not asking them to just weighing the options.) The one major advantage for YouTubeTV is that they have more of the kids shows that my kids watch. I have 2 kids under 5 who watch a lot of the Disney Channels shows (mostly Disney Junior and Disney XD) so missing these will be a huge gap currently. I would say if there is some way to get both of these as an option to add on I would go with Premium TV with a doubt and live with all the other issues in hopes that PQ gets fixed and the East/West Coast scheduling (although I think I have a work around for my case so it shouldn't be an issue) I like having the Disney Channel and Cartoon Network but having these other two Disney Channels would make it a no brainer lock for me.

The thinks I like about Premium TV is that I am in control of the recordings (which I see as a big advantage.) Right now YouTubeTV keeps the recordings for a limited amount of time (Can't remember how long as it depends by show sometimes) I have run into a few cases where on cable shows I didn't get started until the season was over and so YouTubeTV was pulling the recordings from the show website and each week they would change and so I got three episodes into the show and the episodes got removed. I had to wait a couple of weeks for them to come back. Not a huge issue but it was frustrating at the time and could be a big issue if they don't show up for a long time. I have spent a long time automating my DVR so that shows would record then get loaded into MCEBuddy and remove commercials/renamed appropriately then moved to a file from which I could verify the file and move to its final location. (right now it seems to be almost perfect although it has taken a couple of years to do this and I have switched to a couple of different software to do all this but I like how it is right now.) This would allow me to record a couple of other shows that I would like to keep from the cable networks. Currently I either purchase these shows on Amazon or I wait until they come out on Netflix to watch (although I am then usually a season behind which doesn't bother me too much but it is nice to stay up to date(ish) so i don't hear any spoilers) The one thing I really struggle with is going into YouTubeTV to watch live tv. It seems like a hassle to navigate to the app and go through the guide (which I find harder to use) to find a show to watch. Maybe I am lazy but I tend not to watch live tv from YouTubeTV then. With Premium TV I will be able to integrate this into Live Channels so that I get my OTA channels and cable channels together which I am more likely to use then.

Right now I am on the fence of which direction to go as I like some features of both. I may keep YouTubeTV for a couple of more months but if nothing really changes with Premium TV I will likely cancel it as the kids are the main watchers of the TV in our house. Most of the other shows I watch I can still get from my OTA channels and then just buy the couple of other shows through Amazon or Netflix. Like I said if there were a couple of more kids channels (mainly Disney) this would be a no-brainer.

ctalbot

Postby ctalbot » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:55 pm

What about HGTV? I was under the impression YTTV does not carry it. That's a deal breaker in many homes.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”