Most Channels Down at the moment

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
tloughr

Re: Most Channels Down at the moment

Postby tloughr » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:54 pm

Seems like I see a lot more buffering since the "upgrade." The streams are watchable, but a little annoying nonetheless.

gconcepts

Postby gconcepts » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:32 am

Hey Nate,

It's approaching 1 month since the outage occurred. Any update from Omniverse or Plex in regards to the audio issue on Android?

Ec2cJNvA7mPJNk

Postby Ec2cJNvA7mPJNk » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:31 pm

Any update on this? Should I move to another TV provider?

criggs

Postby criggs » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:58 am

I don't work for Silicon Dust, but I believe I'm in a position to give you some advice on this.

First, the Omniverse service offers a unique and cheap channel line-up, with all the standard cable channels plus all major broadcast networks. The latter includes PBS, the only live TV streaming service that includes that network. In that regard, the Omniverse service provides the best channel line-up, for the price, of any live TV streaming service there is.

That's the good news.

The bad news is that they're in the middle of these massive technical problems, and there does not seem to be any realistic attempt, at this time, to provide their customers with any meaningful or credible estimate of when these will be corrected.

In my case, I gave them the benefit of the doubt until my month of service was up, which happened to be March 2nd (I was with one of their other providers, SkyStreamTV, and had been with them, very happily, since November). I decided that I wanted to give them a chance to get the problems fixed until my March due date. They did not, so I did not renew and switched to a different provider (Youtube TV).

But the Omniverse service remains my preference, and I continue to monitor this forum in hopes that the nine problem channels, plus the three with problems that have not been added yet to the official thread (AMC, Animal Planet and Discovery), will be fixed. When and if they are, I will probably return to the Omniverse service.

And that would be my advice to you. Stick with them until your next monthly payment is due. If, when that time arrives, the problems are still not fixed, switch to a different service but continue to monitor this forum. When and if those problems are fixed, return to the service.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should say that this is basically what I'm telling all folks who are interested in this service and who are looking for advice. [moderator - removed link] it just so happens that someone asked a question somewhat similar to yours this morning, specifically, they asked if I would recommend they subscribe to the service at this time. My recommendation was to stay away from the Omniverse service for the time being, I gave them the URL for this forum, and I advised them to monitor this forum and to reconsider subscribing to an Omniverse service once the forum reported all problems corrected.

It continues to be my hope, and I'm sure the hope of everyone on this forum, both subscriber and staffer, that the correction will be imminent and complete.

ACraigo
Device ID: 1062E8EE

Postby ACraigo » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:27 am

First, the Omniverse service offers a unique and cheap channel line-up, with all the standard cable channels plus all major broadcast networks. The latter includes PBS, the only live TV streaming service that includes that network.
Not if you're using SD's PTV.
Broadcast Networks would be HUGE for those of us living in caves and ravines like Wild Cats, but it will be a miracle if SD ever offers them. Omniverse is a dead man walking anyway - as soon as Big Cable gets through curb stomping them... and they will.

gconcepts

Postby gconcepts » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:16 am

I don't work for Silicon Dust, but I believe I'm in a position to give you some advice on this.

First, the Omniverse service offers a unique and cheap channel line-up, with all the standard cable channels plus all major broadcast networks. The latter includes PBS, the only live TV streaming service that includes that network. In that regard, the Omniverse service provides the best channel line-up, for the price, of any live TV streaming service there is.

That's the good news.

The bad news is that they're in the middle of these massive technical problems, and there does not seem to be any realistic attempt, at this time, to provide their customers with any meaningful or credible estimate of when these will be corrected.

In my case, I gave them the benefit of the doubt until my month of service was up, which happened to be March 2nd (I was with one of their other providers, SkyStreamTV, and had been with them, very happily, since November). I decided that I wanted to give them a chance to get the problems fixed until my March due date. They did not, so I did not renew and switched to a different provider (Youtube TV).

But the Omniverse service remains my preference, and I continue to monitor this forum in hopes that the nine problem channels, plus the three with problems that have not been added yet to the official thread (AMC, Animal Planet and Discovery), will be fixed. When and if they are, I will probably return to the Omniverse service.

And that would be my advice to you. Stick with them until your next monthly payment is due. If, when that time arrives, the problems are still not fixed, switch to a different service but continue to monitor this forum. When and if those problems are fixed, return to the service.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should say that this is basically what I'm telling all folks who are interested in this service and who are looking for advice. [moderator - removed link] it just so happens that someone asked a question somewhat similar to yours this morning, specifically, they asked if I would recommend they subscribe to the service at this time. My recommendation was to stay away from the Omniverse service for the time being, I gave them the URL for this forum, and I advised them to monitor this forum and to reconsider subscribing to an Omniverse service once the forum reported all problems corrected.

It continues to be my hope, and I'm sure the hope of everyone on this forum, both subscriber and staffer, that the correction will be imminent and complete.
I'm pretty much doing the same thing. My subscription renews on the 27th so instead, I have cancelled the subscription and will monitor this thread to see when it gets fixed. Then I might resubscribe if it's not too late

tloughr

Postby tloughr » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:20 pm

Am I losing it or does AMC keep jumping back and repeating it self?

GetMatt
Device ID: 1310683C, 13196816, 10733FC0

Postby GetMatt » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:53 am

Am I losing it or does AMC keep jumping back and repeating it self?
Your have completely lost it...JK :D

It is jumping back and repeating itself...or we've all lost it.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”