[TOS VIOLATION: multiple forum accounts]

Zig

Re: How long should we wait?

Postby Zig » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:04 am

[TOS VIOLATION: multiple forum accounts]

jseymour

Postby jseymour » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:07 am

How many threads do we need on the same topic? Seriously, folks. I understand that people are annoyed, and why, but this is becoming a bit silly.

callenbrand

Postby callenbrand » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:09 am

:cry: Unfortunately this has been too long of an issue.....ordered two quatros from Amazon last week, setup DVR, everything has been working as expected except for the missing channels. The plan was to get use to the DVR and PTV then finally get off cable and **** after the first of the year. As of this morning I have returned both quatros to Amazon and canceled my PTV and DVR service. Best of luck on a speedy resolution.

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:10 am

We are working on a way to offer some level of credit - hope to have that finalized today.

Nick

mike3

Postby mike3 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:25 am

I really really hope this is fixed soon. I'm being forced back to DirecTV Now. :s

dsinema

Postby dsinema » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:28 am

We have already waited too long! I’m filing a complaint with the FTC and the California Attorney General’s office today for deceptive trade practices. This is a bait and switch.

Also they locked my topic!!!!
Cool down, I'm not sure this is bait and switch. The channels have been there for the majority of the PTV service, so I don't know if that rises to "bait and switch"(...although they've been down longer than any of us want). I don't think SD is trying to deceptively steal money from people (and any of us can cancel at anytime if we feel we've been tricked, we are not locked into a long term contract). I do agree that much of this could have been avoided if SD would have been a little more detailed to begin with on the issue (even if that was they don't know why they lost the channels). What would be good to know is if the upstream is not returning calls or are new negotiations taking place, etc?

Don't get me wrong this is hugely disappointing as the channels that are gone are a large chunk of what's watched in my house. As a side note, I was on ***** when it started and the early days were a little rough as far as availability of channels...***** is a lot better now. I am really hoping that SD can get this figured out, otherwise like others I will have to jump somewhere else because of practical reasons.

Tacoma

Postby Tacoma » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:33 am

We have already waited too long! I’m filing a complaint with the FTC and the California Attorney General’s office today for deceptive trade practices. This is a bait and switch.

Although, I was the one who suggested complaining to various agencies. It was based on the fact the SiliconDust was continuing to advertise 45 channels for the Premium TV service. I see that is no longer the case. I believe you will be wasting your time filing complaints. I would suggest that you cancel your subscription and move on with your life,

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:45 am

Although, I was the one who suggested complaining to various agencies. It was based on the fact the SiliconDust was continuing to advertise 45 channels for the Premium TV service. I see that is no longer the case. I believe you will be wasting your time filing complaints. I would suggest that you cancel your subscription and move on with your life,
Don't expect many signups at $35 needs to be reduced to $25 because of the missing channels

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:46 am

LOL Good luck!

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:52 am

SD always makes it right! just like HGTVs Mike Holmes! Angry people threatening to call FTC have no case. SD has a great record as a business, they did not purposely remove channels as a money getting scheme, They are working tirelessly to correct it, they already said they would make subscribers whole. What would the FTC do? Nothing.

I am very proud to be an SD customer. They have saved me a lot of money with their product and services. That is the goal of the company, saving their customer's money with their product. I for one could not ever complain because I know my other alternatives cost a lot more, another reason I don't understand the anger represented at this current problem being worked on.

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:04 am

Zig - you have been posting from the same residential IP address as the lsawyer account. I was able to verify the lsawyer account. I was not able to verify the Zig account. Please PM me or email support@silicondust.com with the DeviceID of your HDHomeRun so we can verify this is not a duplicate forum account.

Nick

Zorg

Postby Zorg » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:26 am

Zig - you have been posting from the same residential IP address as the lsawyer account. I was able to verify the lsawyer account. I was not able to verify the Zig account. Please PM me or email support@silicondust.com with the DeviceID of your HDHomeRun so we can verify this is not a duplicate forum account.

Nick
...and this is why we can't have nice things. We need meaningful dialog towards a solution, not people trying to spread more FUD with duplicate accounts. From one Z to another, that's not cool, Zig.

ochaos

Postby ochaos » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:31 am

We are working on a way to offer some level of credit - hope to have that finalized today.

Nick
Thanks for the update nick, although I'm less worried about credit and more worried about what I'll be telling the missus when she inevitably notices HGTV missing this weekend. Any chance we'll have an ETA or at very least an explanation for the downtime in the near-ish future?

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:51 pm

Nick
This is more entertaining than Discovery channel. Let me pop some popcorn.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”