USA Network NOT Central time zone

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
jamesfromdfw

USA Network NOT Central time zone

Postby jamesfromdfw » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:51 pm

I usually get Monday Night Raw at 7pm central, but the premium service has it on at 10pm.

jasonmcroy

Re: USA Network NOT Central time zone

Postby jasonmcroy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:42 pm

USA Network is currently pulling it's feed from the Pacific time zone. This is true for some other channels as well. There are some that pull from the Eastern time zone.

https://www.silicondust.com/premium-tv/#timezones

Go to this link and hit the Time Zones Chart button and you can see what channels are in what time zone.

tom42

Postby tom42 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:42 am

When will the timezone issue be fixed

mavsfan815

Postby mavsfan815 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:05 pm

Yes I would also like to know when this will be fixed?

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:06 pm

We are working with the provider we receive the channels from to expand availability to other timezones, but do not have any kind of timeframe on if or when additional feeds might be available.

garyan2

Postby garyan2 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:08 am

I'm kind of curious as to why this is considered "broken"? Just because the USA network on the Premium TV is not the same timezone as what your local cable company provides, doesn't make it any less USA network.

I think it's great that some content providers offer both the Eastern and Pacific feeds, but it is certainly not required of them. If you compare with all the other streaming services, you will find that this is pretty much standard right now. Also, it appears Disney will only stream their Pacific feeds for all their content. I don't think that's going to change anytime soon.

boozcruz81

Postby boozcruz81 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:06 am

If you compare with all the other streaming services, you will find that this is pretty much standard right now.

I'm curious as to what streaming services you are talking about? I have tried them all, and I've always gotten my feeds in Eastern Standard Time as I should, and if there was any Pacific feeds, they were on a separate channel.

garyan2

Postby garyan2 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:12 pm

If you compare with all the other streaming services, you will find that this is pretty much standard right now.

I'm curious as to what streaming services you are talking about? I have tried them all, and I've always gotten my feeds in Eastern Standard Time as I should, and if there was any Pacific feeds, they were on a separate channel.
I think that may be the point. I'm in Arizona, so half the year I'm on Pacific and the other half I'm on Mountain. I've been using Sling for a long time and almost their entire lineup is Eastern with the exception of the Disney affiliates. When I tried out Playstation Vue, there were quite a number of Eastern feeds in that as well.

I may be overstating that my limited observations between SlingTV and Vue (and maybe even DirecTV Now) is kind of an industry standard, but I have never considered any of them "broken".

dgronceski

Postby dgronceski » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:17 pm

I'm kind of curious as to why this is considered "broken"? Just because the USA network on the Premium TV is not the same timezone as what your local cable company provides, doesn't make it any less USA network.

I think it's great that some content providers offer both the Eastern and Pacific feeds, but it is certainly not required of them. If you compare with all the other streaming services, you will find that this is pretty much standard right now. Also, it appears Disney will only stream their Pacific feeds for all their content. I don't think that's going to change anytime soon.
Simply put the HDHomeDVR is still not ready to replace WMC, NPVR or even Plex (not remotely close especially without a multi week grid guide) and externally available guide data is available based on ZIP/provider meaning guide data is shifted to your local timezone based on channel source. It makes absolutely no sense to mike East and West channels unless the guide is shifted. Best usage so far requires a pile of python and zap2xml with multiple email accounts for each time zone and individual mappings in NPVR. Yes, Plex cannot deal with PremiumTV properly either and WMC cannot tune them at all.

ycavan

Postby ycavan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:30 pm

[removed by moderator]

garyan2

Postby garyan2 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:59 pm

[removed by moderator]
[removed by moderator]

Simply put the HDHomeDVR is still not ready to replace WMC, NPVR or even Plex (not remotely close especially without a multi week grid guide) and externally available guide data is available based on ZIP/provider meaning guide data is shifted to your local timezone based on channel source. It makes absolutely no sense to mike East and West channels unless the guide is shifted. Best usage so far requires a pile of python and zap2xml with multiple email accounts for each time zone and individual mappings in NPVR. Yes, Plex cannot deal with PremiumTV properly either and WMC cannot tune them at all.
You may not like it, but there are more sources out there that don't require such effort to get guide data. I'm a bit biased on this, but a subscription to Schedules Direct ($25/year) and EPG123 (free) will get you a very complete guide for both the Eastern and the Pacific HDHomeRun Premium TV subscriptions.

I think it is disingenuous to declare that anything provided by the streaming service that is not specifically to your ideals of how it should be, or is not personalized to your particular location, must either be wrong or broken. I understand this may primarily be due to the difficulty in getting guide data appropriate to the streaming channels in NPVR and Plex, but who's fault is that? Note that Schedules Direct made it possible within days for emby to get everything lined up and accurate.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:06 pm

The Schedules Direct lineups also work fine in NextPVR.

Cayars

Postby Cayars » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:35 am

I would love to see SD provide a 14 day East and West code XML file that could be downloaded and used in other software that supports multiple EPG lineups such as NetPVR and Emby. This would save the hassle of wrestling a lineup using these 3rd party solutions. :)

Everyone using PTV would just use one file or the other depending on which lineup they get.

Surely this feed could be included with the base price of $35 per month.

dgronceski

Postby dgronceski » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:14 am

[removed by moderator]
[removed by moderator]

You may not like it, but there are more sources out there that don't require such effort to get guide data. I'm a bit biased on this, but a subscription to Schedules Direct ($25/year) and EPG123 (free) will get you a very complete guide for both the Eastern and the Pacific HDHomeRun Premium TV subscriptions.

I think it is disingenuous to declare that anything provided by the streaming service that is not specifically to your ideals of how it should be, or is not personalized to your particular location, must either be wrong or broken. I understand this may primarily be due to the difficulty in getting guide data appropriate to the streaming channels in NPVR and Plex, but who's fault is that? Note that Schedules Direct made it possible within days for emby to get everything lined up and accurate.

Missed your point as with OTA (ZIP Code with 37 channels) plus Premium TV (mixed National 17 channels, East 12 channels and West 15 channels) doesn't work well in any guide sources including Schedules Direct and 3 hours delay for the 15 west coast feeds so I can watch live at midnight instead of 9pm is frankly a big deal, yeah I know I can record and git over myself once the guide is figured out.

However, I pay for my Plex Pass, HDHomeRun DVR and Premium TV subscriptions and own two HDHR3-US, HDHR3-CC (yes still paying for cable too as just cannot satisfy usability needs) and since April an HDHR5-4US and have used WMC, NPVR, PLEX and HDHR DVR with stock, custom ZAP and SD guides so I have the right to an opinion as to their usability.

Now trying to get http://my.hdhomerun.com/discover to ignore the old HDHR3-US and HDHR3-CC tuners since Silicondust has abandoned the devices and they screw up PremuimTV configuration and guide tool usage with the Quatro and I really do not want to split my home network again as when I get this working the HDHR3-CC and at least one of the HDHR3-US goes into reserve for if I ever switch back to cable.

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:28 am

Missed your point as with OTA (ZIP Code with 37 channels) plus Premium TV (mixed National 17 channels, East 12 channels and West 15 channels) doesn't work well in any guide sources including Schedules Direct and 3 hours delay for the 15 west coast feeds so I can watch live at midnight instead of 9pm is frankly a big deal, yeah I know I can record and git over myself once the guide is figured out.
Schedules Direct has the correct guide for HDHomeRun Premium TV.
Now trying to get http://my.hdhomerun.com/discover to ignore the old HDHR3-US and HDHR3-CC tuners since Silicondust has abandoned the devices and they screw up PremuimTV configuration and guide tool usage with the Quatro and I really do not want to split my home network again as when I get this working the HDHR3-CC and at least one of the HDHR3-US goes into reserve for if I ever switch back to cable.
The HDHR3-US does everything it always did, plus it can be used for live TV in latest-gen HDHomeRun apps. It has no affect on the HDhomeRun Premium TV service.

The HDHR3-CC is a current-gen product. It receives regular updates and is fully supported in all our apps.

If you are using both the HDHR3-CC and HDHomeRun Premium TV you may have colliding channel numbers. To fix you need to disable the conflicting channel on either the HDHR3-CC or on the Quatro.

Nick

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”