KCET (28.1) Los Angeles, missing channel logo

Guide Issues
Fofer

KCET (28.1) Los Angeles, missing channel logo

Post by Fofer »

Hi, new user here, and I love your product. Feels like the only thing missing is a channel logo for KCET 28.1 in Los Angeles. Can this be added? If so, thanks for the consideration :)

NedS
Silicondust

Re: KCET (28.1) Los Angeles, missing channel logo

Post by NedS »

We will reach out to our guide provider and ask them to add it.

We've also discussed a few times about having some kind of alt-name (maybe displayed, but at least searchable) for those situations where there's call numbers listed, but people might prefer the label to say "PBS" or "NBC" etc. I will bring it up again to the dev team and see what they think.

Fofer

Re: KCET (28.1) Los Angeles, missing channel logo

Post by Fofer »

NedS wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:44 am We will reach out to our guide provider and ask them to add it.
That's great, thanks so much.
NedS wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:44 am We've also discussed a few times about having some kind of alt-name (maybe displayed, but at least searchable) for those situations where there's call numbers listed, but people might prefer the label to say "PBS" or "NBC" etc. I will bring it up again to the dev team and see what they think.
That's a great idea, I was thinking the same but didn't want to overcomplicate my request.
In my area, the HDHomeRun 4K Flex unit and an indoor antenna are picking up three PBS-affilated channels that I'm interested in as favorites:

28.1 KCET (no logo)
50.1 KOCE
58.1 KLCS

I watch all three, but the distinction between them is often confusing.
The logos for KOCE and KLCS just show as "PBS."