incorrect channel numbers

Guide Issues
chet

incorrect channel numbers

Post by chet »

Hi. After I upgraded the firmware on my hdhomerun prime last night, i clicked "Detect Channels" on the lineup.html page. All the channels it detected now start from 5000 and up. Previously, the channel numbers were somewhat aligned with the official guide from my service provider as shown at
https://www.optimum.net/cdn/static.tvli ... Hudson.pdf

I don't have a cablecard, so i only see the "Broadcast Basic" package channels (marked by yellow dots in the lineup). My device ID is 1322C44C and my zip is 07086. Could you please help fix the channel numbers? The guide never worked for me, so making the guide work would be a bonus, but just fixing the channel numbers would be very useful. Thanks!

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: incorrect channel numbers

Post by signcarver »

Nothing really for SD to fix as they are 100% dependent on the channel scan. Yes it would be great if SD had a way to make manual changes (long ago I even suggested compiling an official list of channel names so names can easily be matched to guide). A prime with cablecard would fix such as the card would provide the map, for clear qam, your provider must provide the virtual channel number in the psip data for the channel numbers otherwise SD will assign a random number in the 5000's so you can at least tune such with the modern methods but to be useful for guide/dvr, the psip data must provide the name of the channel. Though often the number on the same device won't change in subsequent scans, it has to be considered random as another device may have different numbers and the way the software works is by virtual channel number and any device with that number is fair game to be used.

As a result, your "only" fix is to use software that isn't dependent on the scan and allows you to make manual mappings.

chet

Re: incorrect channel numbers

Post by chet »

Thanks. I switched to using Plex, which does allow me to manually specify the mapping. Would be nice if I could teach the hdhomerun the mapping so that the other apps (hdhomerun app, channels app etc) would also work.