Smithsonian Channel - wrong time zone

Guide Issues
virbing
Device ID: HDHomeRun PRIME 131F5827; HDHomeRun CONNECT 1045DD26

Smithsonian Channel - wrong time zone

Post by virbing »

I am located in California but the guide information for the Smithsonian Channel seems to be on Eastern time. All of my recordings are being missed because of the 3 hour time difference. I am on Frontier FIOS Pomona.

Is there anything that can be done?

Thanks,

Ben

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Smithsonian Channel - wrong time zone

Post by signcarver »

They most likely will need your DeviceID and possibly channel number.
If you are seeing a guide issue in the HDHomeRun app please create a new thread in this forum (or file a trouble ticket) and we will help.

Please post the Device ID of your HDHomeRun, your location, the channel number, the channel name/description, and a description of what is wrong.

The channel must not have been disabled on device webpage.

If it is a mapping issue we can generally fix it right away. If it is an issue with the guide we file the issue with out guide provider.

Threads in this forum auto-expire after 30 days of inactivity.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Was able to get device ID from forum IP address. Guide data is now updated.

virbing

Post by virbing »

Thanks. Unfortunately it looks like the guide is still off for The Smithsonian Channel Ch 634. It appears that it is 3 hours behind, as in the guide subtracts 3 hours from what program is currently on. On my TiVo, I can see the proper show for Smithsonian, but the guide on HDHomerun is from 3 hours earlier. All other channels appear to be correct.

Not sure if you can figure out the issue, it looks like it may be guide provider problem.

Regards,

ben

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Is this when using the HDHomeRun app? We've manually mapped the Smithsonian channel to use the Pacific time zone feed. It was originally on Eastern time zone.

virbing

Post by virbing »

NedS wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:08 pm Is this when using the HDHomeRun app? We've manually mapped the Smithsonian channel to use the Pacific time zone feed. It was originally on Eastern time zone.
Yes. I have a task setup in HDHomerun to record Aerial America. This morning it showed that it recorded at 6:00 am / 7:00 am / 8:00 am but the programs that recorded were 2 Secrets Unlocked shows and Air Warriors which on the Smithsonian Channel webpage are supposed to be at 9:00 am / 10:00 am / 11:00 am.

The record times appear to be accurate, but it recorded at the wrong time because the guide had the wrong listings. Right now, the guide says Mighty Cruise Ships, but it certainly appears to be playing Hell Below, that is supposed to be on at 2:00 pm.

I have screen shots if you want me to upload of the recorded program page, the Smithsonian Program page and the current program and guide info.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

I would post your DeviceID as it is possible that looking up by IP didn't give the correct device and/or you have multiple devices (I have seen such make the app/dvr not aware of which one it is as there can be only one with the same virtual channel number and if one device is configured one way it may override the other and as far as guide goes legacy devices are included in getting a guide though most likely not issue in your case).

Also it can take a few hours for the DVR to sync if you didn't restart it as it knows what it has to record 4 hours ahead of time and it may have already recorded it so didn't record when it changed (though this should not have affected from the time NedS "fixed" it to the time it actually recorded).

Edit: sorry was on phone so didn't see that you had device id's in profile on left... Just to be clear, how/what is the connect receiving? Any chance it is clear qam as that would explain it?

virbing

Post by virbing »

signcarver wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:07 pm Edit: sorry was on phone so didn't see that you had device id's in profile on left... Just to be clear, how/what is the connect receiving? Any chance it is clear qam as that would explain it?
Thanks. Ned had mentioned that he had my Device ID's and I updated them in my profile after it was pointed out to me after the first post.

This is definitely happening on the Prime running on the cable card. Smithsonian Channel isn't available over ClearQAM. HDHomeRun PRIME 131F5827.

I have the same program automatically recording on my TiVo and it appears to choose the proper schedule to match the stream since I am able to see the proper recordings being made. If there is any info I can share from there, let me know.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Appears to be the right device ID. I'll check to see if maybe the Pacific coast listing from Gracenote is somehow wrong as well.

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

The east feed had Secrets Unknown from 6-7am PST yesterday. Sounds like your initial premise was backwards. It needs to be the east feed but is currently set to west.