MSNBCHD 661 in Comcast Thurston county WA - Morning Joe not recording

Guide Issues
averyfreeman
Device ID: 1326E235 1313788A

MSNBCHD 661 in Comcast Thurston county WA - Morning Joe not recording

Post by averyfreeman » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:04 am

Title pretty much says it all

Morning Joe not recording on MSNBCHD 661 in Comcast Thurston county WA region

I notice if I go to live view it says "Government Access" with MSNBCHD 661 call sign, but then if I click on the slice guide, it shows the task is set to record the Morning Joe listing

Morning Joe is like my favorite thing to wake up to, but it starts at 3 AM PST so if it doesn't record I miss almost all of it. So, very disappointing if it doesn't record. It's only happened a handful of times, but each time has been met with an inane bout of cursing.

Please let me know if this is a guide issue, or if there's something I might be doing on my end that could fix things

Thanks

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: MSNBCHD 661 in Comcast Thurston county WA - Morning Joe not recording

Post by jasonl » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:55 pm

Looks like your cable was out this morning from about 1:30 until 3:10.

averyfreeman

Post by averyfreeman » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:45 am

Oh OK, thanks, I had no idea. I appreciate the response. :D

I just went to my comcast page to see if there was a way I could see a history of outages, and I'm not seeing anything beyond whether it's out right now.

Do you know of a way I can check prior outages in my area, so I don't have to bug you in the forum before checking?

8-)

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:37 pm

No, it was just evident from the device and DVR log data. The out of band channel dropped out for that time, and we stopped getting logs entirely for that time, indicating the internet connection was down too. Once it came back, the stored logs got transmitted. Our server inserts a second timestamp in the logs at the time they were received, so when that doesn't match the time they were generated by the device, that's a clue to us. You wouldn't be able to see it locally without that external reference.

averyfreeman

Post by averyfreeman » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:18 am

jasonl wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:37 pm
No, it was just evident from the device and DVR log data. The out of band channel dropped out for that time, and we stopped getting logs entirely for that time, indicating the internet connection was down too. Once it came back, the stored logs got transmitted. Our server inserts a second timestamp in the logs at the time they were received, so when that doesn't match the time they were generated by the device, that's a clue to us. You wouldn't be able to see it locally without that external reference.
Great, thanks for explaining that to me, it's really helpful. I'm glad you have so much information to analyze. I didn't even realize my internet + cable were out at the same time (which would make sense if there were an infrastructure-related outage, since they're provided by the same company). I wish they'd tell us about these things, but meh, comcast. :?