No guide data in New York

Guide Issues
pcirone

No guide data in New York

Post by pcirone » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:05 pm

Hi, my device ID is 13149ACB and I have no guide data on multiple computers. It has been working for years on a HDHOMERUN PRIME with no cablecard, just the 40 or so OTA channels I get by plugging the coax from my provider into the unit. Thanks for any help!

pcirone

Re: No guide data in New York

Post by pcirone » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:55 am

Bump. Help?

gtb
Expert

Post by gtb » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:20 am

pcirone wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:55 am
Bump. Help?
FWIW, SD participation on this forum is basically work hours M-F, although occasionally a kind SD'er will respond on their personal time outside of those hours.

Guide data for clear QAM depends on the provider including appropriate (psip) data in the stream which not all providers do, or will sometimes remove (there is no requirement that they provide that information in the stream, and without that data there is no way to associate a logical channel with particular station). Out of curiosity, who is your provider and what region are you in? A few providers are in the tail stages of removing clear QAM entirely.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:35 pm

I am not seeing any channels available on your device to assign data to. Do the channels have both real numbers (not in the 5000s) and real names (not Unknown) displaying? We can only add data if both names and numbers are present.