Golf events still show wrong logo - a week behind

Guide Issues
ERamseth

Golf events still show wrong logo - a week behind

Postby ERamseth » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:15 am

Golf events are still showing the wrong logo, specifically any airing of "PGA Tour Golf" shows the wrong image. I have reported this before but I cannot find my old post.

Oddly, the description is accurate.

For example, today, on local CBS affiliate, the descriptions accurately talks about Torrey Pines and the Farmers Insurance Open, but the image shows Desert Classic, which was last week's event.

I would say this is an issue with the guide not refreshing in time for this week's events, but why would the text be accurate and the image be a week behind. Very odd.

This has happened on both available cable providers here (just happened to switch this week) - Verizon Fios and Comcast Xfinity in 20878 ZIP Code.

ERamseth

Re: Golf events still show wrong logo - a week behind

Postby ERamseth » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:20 am

FYI this continues to be an issue. :!:

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:13 pm

This will require some engineering time to investigate why those particular images are being selected out of the various images that are available for it. I don't have any idea when this might get on the schedule.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Postby signcarver » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:50 pm

Are all the images available after the change and on a per episode basis (do you have archived recordings and each show different images)? Typically they use an image (and description) for the series and it would be the same number, just updated each week and often not until the day of the event (as in some cases there are "reruns" through the week) thus why always appear to be a week late as that is the "current" image until the next comes out. When I just checked the data for upcoming episodes, the image is the same between any "episode" What may be better is a generic image without any "info" in it then one never would have noticed.

Return to “Guide Issues”