Missing guide data in Finland (Nelonen, Liv, Jim and Hero)

Guide Issues
ParadiZio

Missing guide data in Finland (Nelonen, Liv, Jim and Hero)

Post by ParadiZio »

Hi,

The guide data says “Julkaistaan pian” (To be released soon) for all the channels mentioned in the subject and has been saying for a month or so already. Could it be released soon? All other channels guide data working correctly.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Missing guide data in Finland (Nelonen, Liv, Jim and Hero)

Post by NedS »

Sorry for that, we will reach out to Gracenote to see why nothing is coming in and try to get this fixed ASAP.

PatG

Post by PatG »

Hi,

Any news on this? I am experiencing the same problem.

jesus.a

Post by jesus.a »

Some news on this would be nice, kinda useless DVR without EPG?!

PatG

Post by PatG »

Hi,

I understand that you are investigating the problem and I don´t expect to have solution right away, but now weeks have gone and could you please at least tell where the problem lies? Is the problem within the epg provider (gracenote I guess) or something to do with the HDHomerun itself? And have you got any estimate when this problem will be solved?

jesus.a

Post by jesus.a »

A few months gone and total radio silence from HDHomerun... what a bummer, this used to be a product I recommended to all... :(

kyl416
Device ID: 1080DB11

Post by kyl416 »

Unfortunately the problem is on Gracenote's end of things, so other services who use their data like Schedules Direct have the same "Julkaistaan pian" issue for these channels.

From the list you gave, all the affected channels are owned by Nelonen Media/Sanoma, so you might want to try contacting the stations via their websites to tell them that Gracenote is no longer updating the schedules for their stations.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

I've just pinged our US Gracenote contact to see if they can help us get the attention of whoever handles this for EU/Finland and dig deeper. They are sending us data for those channels, but the data is just "Julkaistaan pian".

Thank you to kyl416 for pointing out that these are all channels from Nelonen/Sanoma. I'll try reaching out to them as well.

ParadiZio

Post by ParadiZio »

Any news on the EPG information for these channels?

jesus.a

Post by jesus.a »

NedS or someone else, are you fixing this or do we really need to throw away our Hdhomerun devices?!?!

Maybe finland should be removed from supported countries since it is clearly not supported...

ParadiZio

Post by ParadiZio »

Any news on the EPG information for these channels? Any update would be welcome, it’s been a couple of months since this was posted originally