Channels detected, no guide data

Guide Issues
craigwillie

Channels detected, no guide data

Post by craigwillie »

I updated ticket #134171 with this information, but thought I'd post it here since that ticket is a bit old.

Prime: 1319E6F2
Provider: Senior.TV (Shellpoint)

Support previously said Senior.TV is supported, and the Prime detects and plays all channels correctly. We have several issues with guide data in a new installation.

Detected by Prime, but shows up as unknown with no guide data:

5 CBS  (WINK)
6 CW (WXCW)
7 ABC (WZVN)
8 ABC (METV)
10 MYTV
15 PBS (WGCU)
16 PBS WORLD 
20 CW MUNDO FOX
21 CTN (WRXY)

The following show the channel identifier, but no guide data:

68 ACC Network 
69 DIY
90 MoTrend

Channels 5,6,7,8 are the most crucial to be able to use the DVR effectively. 

Thanks in advance for addressing this issue.

Craig

craigwillie

Re: Channels detected, no guide data

Post by craigwillie »

Do you need any additional information?

I looked at Gracenote, and all the channels/guide information is present for Senior TV (Shellpoint) for zip 33908.

Thanks!

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Generally* the requirements for guide are that the scan pick up both the name and the virtual channel number in the psip data but it sounds like those channels don't have names (or at least that is how I interpret "shows up as unknown"). So to get guide data you would generally need your provider to fix that issue if I interpreted it correctly. Make sure the channel lineup on the prime has both name and number. As I recall your provider is generally clear qam (are you using a cablecard?) but also may have a lot of analog sd channels that the prime can't tune (not sure how updated your particular complex is, when I dealt with similar, every sd channel was analog). However I think they can "easily" fix channels 68, 69, 90 based on what you had said.

*I say generally as there is a country that doesn't use numbers that I think they may have added and there was a post recently (though gone now) in which nickk may have added one or two channels as a test but since that isn't the way the system is designed I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for such change and would look at solutions that are not dependent on a scan and actually uses entire guides based on provider/zip rather than channel matching.

craigwillie

Post by craigwillie »

Thanks for the opinion. I discussed the configuration and provider with SD before we moved, and at that time they said it was supported.. so hopefully it can be resolved. All the channels are ClearQAM, and are all correctly present and listed in the guide data from Gracenote.

I guess we will have to see what someone from SD has to say.

Craig

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Looks like they're not sending channel metadata for the "unknown" group, but I'm hoping we can get that fixed by working with Senior.TV.