Synology SPK for DVR Record Engine

Downloads & Instructions
steen

Re: Synology SPK for DVR Record Engine

Post by steen »

Hi again. I downloaded the HDHR .spk module from the site you recommended.
When I tried to mount it, I am asked to load the WEB server which I did.
When I tried to mount HDHR it won't. It doesn't appear on the dashboard.
The HDHR log show data something like the data you described

demonrik
Device ID: 108042A1, 10814D8E

Post by demonrik »

steen wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:06 am Hi again. I downloaded the HDHR .spk module from the site you recommended.
When I tried to mount it, I am asked to load the WEB server which I did.
When I tried to mount HDHR it won't. It doesn't appear on the dashboard.
The HDHR log show data something like the data you described
The package doesn't load anything to the dashboard.
You can start/stop from the app center.. OR you can go direct to the URL of the UI and manage the record engine from there.
If you are getting something similar to what I posted it probably means you are done..
Now open the View application on some other computer and you should be up and running.

steen

Post by steen »

Ok thanks, but how do I get subtitles ?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

If they are present in the stream they should be recorded but my understanding is that SD's software currently only supports "US" closed captions not "DVB" subtitles so you would need something else to play the files to see subtitles (perhaps the kodi add-on but to me subtitles in kodi have not been as easy since kodi 15 came out as the setting didn't stick like it used to)

Peterc

Post by Peterc »

Hi, just got my HdHomerun Prime and can see live tv. When trying to setup the DVR it keeps saying n9 dvr configured. I tried both the SD engine and this Synology spk engine with same results. Before i uninstalled the HDHomerun egine the status was running and then stopped it and installed this Synology SPK and follwed the directions and says engine is running, but i still get the no DVR configured message in the View app. Can someone please help advise what I am doing wrong?

One thing i did and hoping it doesnt make a difference is the share folder i am using is actually on an external usb connected to the Synology NAS and not a folder i created on one of the internal drives. All the status pages seem to recognize this folder with no issues.

And also I have already paid and activated the DVR service with SD.

Thanks,
Peter

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Peterc wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:17 am Hi, just got my HdHomerun Prime and can see live tv. When trying to setup the DVR it keeps saying n9 dvr configured. I tried both the SD engine and this Synology spk engine with same results. Before i uninstalled the HDHomerun egine the status was running and then stopped it and installed this Synology SPK and follwed the directions and says engine is running, but i still get the no DVR configured message in the View app. Can someone please help advise what I am doing wrong?

One thing i did and hoping it doesnt make a difference is the share folder i am using is actually on an external usb connected to the Synology NAS and not a folder i created on one of the internal drives. All the status pages seem to recognize this folder with no issues.

And also I have already paid and activated the DVR service with SD.

Thanks,
Peter
First - can you look through the log file and see if there are any error messages. Engine might be running, but not shut down.
Next check if you have enabled the firewall on the synology and either disable, or add the ports required for the record engine
If it's still not working check the firewall on the device your running View on - try disabling and see if it works.
And finally if still not working you likely have issues with network configuration. Are both devices on the same network, not on a VPN, etc..

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

What app/platform are you trying with? For instance win7/8 will always state No DVR configured from "view" as one must use the kodi addon for win 7/8.

Peterc

Post by Peterc »

signcarver wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:41 am What app/platform are you trying with? For instance win7/8 will always state No DVR configured from "view" as one must use the kodi addon for win 7/8.
Thanks for answering, this ws the issue. When I launched the view app on my Android devices the DVR is working fine.

gvilomar

Post by gvilomar »

Every so often, I notice that the "record" button is not available on the HDHomeRun app running on the TV. When I go to the HDHomeRunDVR app running on my synology, it seems that everything is "normal" but the Recording Service is not running. I hit the START button and it starts running again. I'm wondering if there's a way to automatically start the RECORDING app anytime the synology reboots or something else causes the HDHomeRunDVR app to restart? Is there a command I can enter in the config file?

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

gvilomar wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:28 pm Every so often, I notice that the "record" button is not available on the HDHomeRun app running on the TV. When I go to the HDHomeRunDVR app running on my synology, it seems that everything is "normal" but the Recording Service is not running. I hit the START button and it starts running again. I'm wondering if there's a way to automatically start the RECORDING app anytime the synology reboots or something else causes the HDHomeRunDVR app to restart? Is there a command I can enter in the config file?
it should restart when the synology reboots.
if the engine is dieing - then something is causing the record engine to crash. Would suggest you talk to SD next time it dies - log the time you notice it, maybe whatever the last log entry is, and provide one of your tuner device IDs.

One way to help for future is to develop a simple watchdog that monitors the record engine, logs a failure and restarts it should it fail. I will look in to it - but is low on my priorities.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Removed - see OP for correct version and link
Last edited by demonrik on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

churchillguy

Post by churchillguy »

Hi guys !

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french.

I bought a subscription for the DVR program.
I always have the "HDHomeRun RECORD not running" message.

- Installed spk on a Synology DS413+ with webstation and PHP
- DVR feature intalled via HDHomerun setup program on Win 10 : SSH activated and HDHomeRun shared folder created

--> The DVR Engine Web UI is working

I've checked the box "Custom PHP open base dir" and cleared the field in PHP 7.0 parameters on the webstation package in the NAS UI

In the Win 10 HDHomerun app : still "No DVR configured"

In the DVR Web UI :

- Config File Location : /volume1/@appstore/HDHomeRunDVR/etc/HDHomeRunDVR.conf

- RecordPath : /volume1/HDHomeRun

- Port : 59090

- StorageID : a013aaf0-8178-6673-b042-225b2411b196

- DeviceID: 1230F05D

What am i missing ?

Thanks

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl »

Either /volume1/HDHomeRun does not exist or the DVR does not have permissions to access it.

gvilomar

Post by gvilomar »

demonrik wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:57 pm
gvilomar wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:28 pm Every so often, I notice that the "record" button is not available on the HDHomeRun app running on the TV. When I go to the HDHomeRunDVR app running on my synology, it seems that everything is "normal" but the Recording Service is not running. I hit the START button and it starts running again. I'm wondering if there's a way to automatically start the RECORDING app anytime the synology reboots or something else causes the HDHomeRunDVR app to restart? Is there a command I can enter in the config file?
if the engine is dieing - then something is causing the record engine to crash. Would suggest you talk to SD next time it dies - log the time you notice it, maybe whatever the last log entry is, and provide one of your tuner device IDs.

One way to help for future is to develop a simple watchdog that monitors the record engine, logs a failure and restarts it should it fail. I will look in to it - but is low on my priorities.
I contacted support and they sent me back to you. :lol: Since the HDHomeRun app does restart when the Synology restarts but the DVR engine does not, is there a setting I can put in the config file that will restart the DVR engine when the HD app restarts?

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

gvilomar wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:45 pm
demonrik wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:57 pm

I contacted support and they sent me back to you. :lol: Since the HDHomeRun app does restart when the Synology restarts but the DVR engine does not, is there a setting I can put in the config file that will restart the DVR engine when the HD app restarts?
must be so annoying...
TBH there really isn't much to be done on my side.
In the package I highlight to Synology that the application autostarts on reboot of the NAS
That will execute the start routine in the scripts
that routine is very simple
it checks first to see if it's been called from root or other user. If the latter then it simply executes the hdhomerun engine
If it's the root user then it checks the architecture of your NAS - x86_64 or ARM or other
If it's x86_64 or ARM it calls my wrapper binary which then starts the engine - and for other it simply starts the engine.

that last choice is dumped to a log file /tmp/hdhr_arch_choice

So not much to go wrong..

If the engine was running and magically stops - you need to figure out why that is. All I can do is ask you too look at the log files generated by the engine. Even then I may not see much. My recommendation would be to check if your running out of free memory and/or disk space causing the process to die.

if you think its down to a restart of the NAS then the next time before clicking start..
check if file i mentioned above
then also check if the process is running and owned by http

Code: Select all

ps -ef | grep hdh