Unofficial HDHomeRun DVR repository for RPM based systems

Downloads & Instructions
gtb
Expert

Re: Unofficial HDHomeRun DVR repository for RPM based systems

Postby gtb » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:45 pm

... It works now!!!!
Well, while I would have liked to better understand why things were not working for you, all is well that ends well, so thanks for the update.

gtb
Expert

Postby gtb » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:49 pm

Here is how I was able to get this to work while still using firewall in Red Hat / Fedora / CentOS.
I'll note that the (current) RPM creates a firewall port rule which corresponds to the record engines port (which is set in the config file), and then opens the port when the recorder is started. It is approximately equivalent to the windows application port openings.

brianmsu80

Postby brianmsu80 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:53 pm

To be clear.... just opening the ports were not enough for me. In order to keep firewalld running and have things work correctly, I also the added the MAC address of the HDHomeRun PRIME device into the firewall rich rule.

Code: Select all

sudo firewall-cmd --add-rich-rule 'rule family="ipv4" source mac="xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" accept' --zone=home --permanent
*Where "xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" is the MAC address of your HDHomeRun PRIME.

brianmsu80

Postby brianmsu80 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:48 am

I was wondering if you have updated this to the HDHomeRun RECORD version 20171221.
Either it hasn't been updated yet or something is wrong on my system.
Just trying to figure out which it is. Appreciate you maintaining this.

gtb
Expert

Postby gtb » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:47 pm

I was wondering if you have updated this to the HDHomeRun RECORD version 20171221.
I (a few days ago) finally got around to updating this. There was no "release"/"change" notes indicating the code actually changed (for all I know it was a cosmetic version display change), so I missed it (I only tend to update when the change log indicates a change).

rolf

Postby rolf » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:56 am

Howdy,

I'm running Mageia release 6 (Official) for x86_64 with kernel 4.14.30-desktop-3.mga6

I bought this years ago (from the web page in Seamonkey, on my LAN http://192.168.1.115/):
HDHomeRun EXTEND
Model: HDTC-2US
Device ID: 105097E2
Firmware: 20150826

In order to tune and make recordings in an, otherwise, straightforward, simple process with kaffeine, I've been following a modified version of this howto: http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=94287.0 However, the kernel modules build step began to fail with kernels newer than about 4.6.7 https://github.com/h0tw1r3/dvbhdhomerun/issues/8 After almost a year of keeping one machine on an old kernel in order to be able to use this process, I've given it up. I came across your project today.

Mageia is a descendant of Mandrake and we use its urpm* family of RPM wrappers, so I'm not able to use the installation instructions for your packages that I see, here. I have some experience building from source but don't see that type of code in your github repo. Building rpms is not something I've learned. Do you see a way for me to install your HDHomeRun DVR software?
Thanks.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:25 pm

You most likely want to follow the Linux manual setup instructions at viewtopic.php?p=318401#p318401.

gtb
Expert

Postby gtb » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:10 am

You most likely want to follow the Linux manual setup instructions at viewtopic.php?p=318401#p318401.
Agreed.

FWIW, since it is an RPM based packaging solution, if someone wants to contribute Mageia specific stanzas for the SPEC file (so that RPMs could be built) via a github issue/pull request I think it could be added, but I admit that since (at least in my location) Mageia is not in the top distros, I am not likely to do such work myself.

rolf

Postby rolf » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:28 am

OK, thanks, folks. I'll follow along over there.

Return to “Downloads & Instructions”