QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Downloads & Instructions
dhoppy

Re: QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Post by dhoppy »

Just upgraded from a TS-451 to a TS-453D by simply moving the hard drives. Everything seems to be working except HDHomeRunDVR. I've tried removing and reinstalling with no luck. I always get a "refused to connect" error. I've tried resetting, disabling/reenabling the web server also. Any hints on where to look next?

demonrik
Device ID: 108042A1, 10814D8E

Post by demonrik »

dhoppy wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:26 pm Just upgraded from a TS-451 to a TS-453D by simply moving the hard drives. Everything seems to be working except HDHomeRunDVR. I've tried removing and reinstalling with no luck. I always get a "refused to connect" error. I've tried resetting, disabling/reenabling the web server also. Any hints on where to look next?
Can u explain what you are doing to get the refused to connect message?
Does it appear on my.hdhomerun.com?

dhoppy

Post by dhoppy »

demonrik wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:07 pm Can u explain what you are doing to get the refused to connect message?
Sorry for the poor communication. From within the QNAP desktop, opening the HDHomeRunDVR app results in an error screen, and if I hover over it the message is "refused to connect."

My.hdhomerun.com shows it and the web interface opens directly on the QNAP.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

dhoppy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:22 am
demonrik wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:07 pm Can u explain what you are doing to get the refused to connect message?
Sorry for the poor communication. From within the QNAP desktop, opening the HDHomeRunDVR app results in an error screen, and if I hover over it the message is "refused to connect."

My.hdhomerun.com shows it and the web interface opens directly on the QNAP.
is a known issue with the config of QNAP
check Control Panel -> Applications -> Web Server -> Web Server
and make sure 'Do not allow Web Server embedding in iFrames' is NOT checked

dhoppy

Post by dhoppy »

demonrik wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:30 pm is a known issue with the config of QNAP
check Control Panel -> Applications -> Web Server -> Web Server
and make sure 'Do not allow Web Server embedding in iFrames' is NOT checked
Thanks, I thought I had unchecked that, but that fixed it.

alphatech

Post by alphatech »

In the network configuration, I segregated the QNAP in two different IP subset address. On one network card is set to 192.168.0.18 and the other is at 192.168.1.18. The HDHomerun is on the 192.168.1.xx subnet. Is something in the configuration that I can point it to the other subnet of 192.168.1.xx?

Thanks

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

alphatech wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:30 am In the network configuration, I segregated the QNAP in two different IP subset address. On one network card is set to 192.168.0.18 and the other is at 192.168.1.18. The HDHomerun is on the 192.168.1.xx subnet. Is something in the configuration that I can point it to the other subnet of 192.168.1.xx?

Thanks
Unfortunately, there is no way to force the record engine to a subnet usage, or bind to a specific port
Keep in mind that your Qnap only has 1 default gateway, it is not designed to be a router. You can configure the default gateway to either adapter..
That assigned adapter is the adapter that will be used for any apps on your Qnap which initiate a transaction, e.g. Hdhomerun device discovery, or pings.
Beyond that you'll have to be creative in setting up static routing tables which can't be done with Qnap interface.

leerandall
Device ID: 131102D9, 1326E147

Re: HDHomeRunDVR has an invalid digital signature.

Post by leerandall »

Hi demonrik,

I installed your QPKG on my QNAP TS-231P NAS a few days ago and it's been working well since, until this morning when the DVR stopped due to this error in the System Event Log: "[App Center] HDHomeRunDVR has an invalid digital signature. The app has stopped and cannot be installed on QTS. You can uninstall it in the App Center."

I was able to restart the DVR in the App Center and it appears to be working again, but the HDHomeRunDVR app icon has an orange exclamation mark icon next to it that says "There is no digital signature". How can I rectify this issue? I fully expect it to die again at some point due to the lack of a digital signature.

poorman

Post by poorman »

Thank you for the awesome software. I have been using it for some time but not upgraded often. Today I upgraded and your product works great. However it did not upgrade the record engine which is very old 20200521. My HDHomeRun Extend is at the latest beta software (20210303beta1). Should the latest install of your DVR package upgrade the silicone dust record engine or do I install that separately from the download section of the forum?

Thank you for your time

leerandall

Post by leerandall »

leerandall wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:25 pm Hi demonrik,

I installed your QPKG on my QNAP TS-231P NAS a few days ago and it's been working well since, until this morning when the DVR stopped due to this error in the System Event Log: "[App Center] HDHomeRunDVR has an invalid digital signature. The app has stopped and cannot be installed on QTS. You can uninstall it in the App Center."

I was able to restart the DVR in the App Center and it appears to be working again, but the HDHomeRunDVR app icon has an orange exclamation mark icon next to it that says "There is no digital signature". How can I rectify this issue? I fully expect it to die again at some point due to the lack of a digital signature.
It's the QTS Malware Scan app that is killing the HDHR DVR. I turned off the malware scan and I'll see how it goes now.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

leerandall wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:35 am

It's the QTS Malware Scan app that is killing the HDHR DVR. I turned off the malware scan and I'll see how it goes now.
You will need to disable that option - i.e. all apps must have digital signatures.

To do so - open the 'App Center'
Click on the 'Settings' gear to open the settings dialog
Ensure 'Allow installation of applications without a valid digital signature' is checked
If not - check it, and click apply.

It's worth opening the security counselor application and then working through the security policy/report it creates.
Under the policy is 'Do all installed applications have valid digital signatures' and 'Does QTS allow the installation of applications without a valid digital signature'
You should disable these 2 checks.

FWIW - it costs $ to maintain a signature that I'm unwilling to spend and maintain.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

poorman wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:00 pm Thank you for the awesome software. I have been using it for some time but not upgraded often. Today I upgraded and your product works great. However it did not upgrade the record engine which is very old 20200521. My HDHomeRun Extend is at the latest beta software (20210303beta1). Should the latest install of your DVR package upgrade the silicone dust record engine or do I install that separately from the download section of the forum?

Thank you for your time
It should update once it runs the first time at install..
However - sometimes there is old versions sitting around..

I would go to app center and stop it.
Then SSH to the NAS and remove /tmp/hdhome*
then start again in app center
It should update - otherwise there is another version sitting around that it's running and we need to go hunt it down.

leerandall

Post by leerandall »

demonrik wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:24 pm
leerandall wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:35 am

You will need to disable that option - i.e. all apps must have digital signatures.

To do so - open the 'App Center'
Click on the 'Settings' gear to open the settings dialog
Ensure 'Allow installation of applications without a valid digital signature' is checked
If not - check it, and click apply.

It's worth opening the security counselor application and then working through the security policy/report it creates.
Under the policy is 'Do all installed applications have valid digital signatures' and 'Does QTS allow the installation of applications without a valid digital signature'
You should disable these 2 checks.

FWIW - it costs $ to maintain a signature that I'm unwilling to spend and maintain.
Thank you for responding, demonrik. I have done as you suggested. And I understand about the cost. You've done a great job on this package and I appreciate all your efforts.

poorman

Post by poorman »

demonrik wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:26 pm It should update once it runs the first time at install..
However - sometimes there is old versions sitting around..

I would go to app center and stop it.
Then SSH to the NAS and remove /tmp/hdhome*
then start again in app center
It should update - otherwise there is another version sitting around that it's running and we need to go hunt it down.
Thank you very much for the tip about a old version sitting around. Found it and fixed it. Now works great! I appreciate your time.

flexo

Post by flexo »

Every time I update the QNAP DVR engine past 0.10.7 I lose the Record Engine. Any solutions?