QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Downloads & Instructions
gregeeh

Re: QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Post by gregeeh »

Hi all,

I have just installed this package and it is working great. thank you.

A small question, if I click on a Record Engine Log in the Dashboard is shows the log, but selecting the tabs, Error, Status, Playback etc. does not just display those selected errors. Or, is that not the expected behaviour?

TIA

Greg

demonrik
Device ID: 108042A1, 10814D8E

Post by demonrik »

gregeeh wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:23 pm Hi all,

I have just installed this package and it is working great. thank you.

A small question, if I click on a Record Engine Log in the Dashboard is shows the log, but selecting the tabs, Error, Status, Playback etc. does not just display those selected errors. Or, is that not the expected behaviour?

TIA

Greg
Not Implemented yet... so yeah, expected behavior.
Hopefully someday I'll get the time/motivation to finish it.

gregeeh

Post by gregeeh »

Not Implemented yet... so yeah, expected behavior.
Hopefully someday I'll get the time/motivation to finish it.
Fair enough, and thanks for all your efforts creating this great app. :D

gregeeh

Post by gregeeh »

Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to delete recordings older than x days and was wondering if I made a cron job on the NAS to delete the files folder if that would produce any bad effects. Yes, Kodi will not be happy as it does not know about the deletions but I have a way to clean up the database following the deletions.

Thoughts please.

TIA

Greg

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

gregeeh wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:08 pm Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to delete recordings older than x days and was wondering if I made a cron job on the NAS to delete the files folder if that would produce any bad effects. Yes, Kodi will not be happy as it does not know about the deletions but I have a way to clean up the database following the deletions.

Thoughts please.

TIA

Greg
For the most part you should be ok doing it.
Make sure if checking folder that you check contents first - particularly Movies, Sports, etc..

gregeeh

Post by gregeeh »

For the most part you should be ok doing it.
Make sure if checking folder that you check contents first - particularly Movies, Sports, etc..
Thanks. I was first going to check all folders for any *.mpg files greater than x days, if so delete them.
Then check for any empty folders and if so delete them.

BTW - Is there anyway of changing the recorded files format? eg: MKV, TS, MOV etc.

TIA

Greg

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Removed - see OP for correct version and link
Last edited by demonrik on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Removed - see OP for correct version and link
Last edited by demonrik on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rew452

Post by Rew452 »

Hi demonrik
For those like myself that are not quite so savvy can you elaborate on;
IMPORTANT That change of user means you need to ensure the user has permissions to your existing recordings. Simply add the new user 'hdhomerundvr' to your recordpath share or change the RunAs user once upgraded and you should be good.

I enabled HdHomerundvr as a user and gave it r/w access to the the Multimedia dir were HDHomerunDVR dir yet the app still displays "unable to discover dvr status". What am I missing?

Thanks
Rew

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Though I'm not sure if it is your issue on the qnap, in linux, users are typically case sensitive, particularly with things such as this and yours, as posted, didn't follow what demonrik said. There are some that always convert to lowercase when creating a user and then might do the same whenever you try to access.

Rew452

Post by Rew452 »

Thanks, my user name is actually lower case. I did the caps out of habit so I don't think that is the problem.

Rew

Beerman

Post by Beerman »

Rew452 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:39 pm Hi demonrik
IMPORTANT That change of user means you need to ensure the user has permissions to your existing recordings. Simply add the new user 'hdhomerundvr' to your recordpath share or change the RunAs user once upgraded and you should be good.

I enabled HdHomerundvr as a user and gave it r/w access to the the Multimedia dir were HDHomerunDVR dir yet the app still displays "unable to discover dvr status". What am I missing?

Thanks
Rew
I had the same problem on my qnap and ended up manually removing my HdHomeRunDVR and reinstalling and it's working now. Not sure why (I'm not very good with these things) but the logs look good and it was discovered. Just to be sure, I'm not suggesting you do this, just that this worked for me, probably by luck only.

Rew452

Post by Rew452 »

Thanks Beerman, That's an idea but will wait to do for now until demonrik responds.

One other thing, my Prime is not on the network right now, relocating it. Not sure if that could be a factor.

Rew

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Thanks
Rew
Actually I think I have a bug there..
But everything else is ok right? just the status..

Rew452

Post by Rew452 »

demonrik wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:20 pm

Thanks
Rew
Actually I think I have a bug there..
But everything else is ok right? just the status..
The app does run, just no information. One note though at the moment my SD Prime is not on the network, relocating. Not sure if this has a bering or not.
Rew