QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Downloads & Instructions
demonrik
Device ID: 108042A1, 10814D8E

Re: QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Post by demonrik »

Removed - see OP for correct version and link
Last edited by demonrik on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

321liftoff

Post by 321liftoff »

Works great. Thanks!!!

Rew452

Post by Rew452 »

Just wanted to say THANKS for the continued support!

Everything seems to work fine here, updated normally with no issues.

Rew

psuKinger
Device ID: 13254099; 13219F42

Post by psuKinger »

demonrik wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 7:26 am NEW PACKAGE AVAILABLE
- latest record engine 20170512beta1

new QPKG HDHomeRunDVR_0.9.21.qpkg available in the usual locations Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive

Code is available on github
https://github.com/Silicondust/dvr_install
Apologies for what is likely a dumb question, but I am a user of your QNAP QPKG record package. I set it up (with your help) ~6 months ago or so, and it works great.

Your instructions (on page 1) were very helpful for how to initially install, but it's not incredibly obvious to me, since I'm already running it, what I should go about doing in order to upgrade/update to this new .qpkg.

I've downloaded the newest QPKG. I have it stored on my desktop.

I have signed into my QNAP, opened the app center, opened the HDHomeRunDVR app, and am looking at the "QNAP HDHomeRun DVR Manager". I'm fairly confident I don't want to change the "RecordPath", "Port" or "Storage ID". The option for "Config File Location" doesn't appear to be updateable...

Am I missing the mark? Can you point me in the right direction?

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

psuKinger wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 8:10 am

new QPKG HDHomeRunDVR_0.9.21.qpkg available in the usual locations Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive

Apologies for what is likely a dumb question, but I am a user of your QNAP QPKG record package. I set it up (with your help) ~6 months ago or so, and it works great.

Your instructions (on page 1) were very helpful for how to initially install, but it's not incredibly obvious to me, since I'm already running it, what I should go about doing in order to upgrade/update to this new .qpkg.

I have signed into my QNAP, opened the app center, opened the HDHomeRunDVR app, and am looking at the "QNAP HDHomeRun DVR Manager". I'm fairly confident I don't want to change the "RecordPath", "Port" or "Storage ID". The option for "Config File Location" doesn't appear to be updateable...

Update just like you would install.
It shouldnt modify anything u need to keep

psuKinger
Device ID: 13254099; 13219F42

Post by psuKinger »

demonrik wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 8:14 am
psuKinger wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 8:10 am

Update just like you would install.
It shouldnt modify anything u need to keep
Wow. Very cool. I did not anticipate that.

For any others that are wondering, you literally just redo the initial installation instructions. You don't need to take any other "action" to your current install beforehand. When you do so, you don't end up with two "HDHomeRun" apps in your App Center, or buggy behavior. It "just works".

Very cool. Thanks for updating this.

thevoiceover

Post by thevoiceover »

* THX

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Removed - see OP for correct version and link
Last edited by demonrik on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thevoiceover

Post by thevoiceover »

Thank you sir, you should have a link for donations setup somewhere! Many of us like to tip people whom contribute to making things easier on our daily lives ;)

Rew452

Post by Rew452 »

thevoiceover wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:41 am Thank you sir, you should have a link for donations setup somewhere! Many of us like to tip people whom contribute to making things easier on our daily lives ;)
Yes most definitely!

Many thanks

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Rew452 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:59 am
thevoiceover wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:41 am Thank you sir, you should have a link for donations setup somewhere! Many of us like to tip people whom contribute to making things easier on our daily lives ;)
Yes most definitely!

Many thanks
Thanks guys..
The thought is appreciated.

I don't know how SD would feel about me soliciting 'tips', hence I haven't done anything
That said - my paypal and github emails are the same ;)

321liftoff

Post by 321liftoff »

I pm'd Nick a while back suggesting they provide you some hardware as a thank you for how much you're helping SD get their DVR software to the masses. I certainly hope he follows through on the suggestion!

roklem

Post by roklem »

Perhaps I'm missing something... Does this not update the software but is merely just a simple management interface?

I installed it and the app THINGS it is a different version than it actually is, and did not update the software.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

roklem wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:33 am Perhaps I'm missing something... Does this not update the software but is merely just a simple management interface?

I installed it and the app THINGS it is a different version than it actually is, and did not update the software.
It is both installation/update of the engine and a management interface so you can quickly see what's going on. Eventually some of this may make it into SDs web interface of the engine, but right now that's very limited and this interface provides you with more info and controls.

Can you provide more info on what you are seeing..
what version does it think it is?
why do you say it didn't update the software?
is this the first install of this QPKG?
if so what are you updating?

roklem

Post by roklem »

demonrik wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:58 am
roklem wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:33 am Perhaps I'm missing something... Does this not update the software but is merely just a simple management interface?

It is both installation/update of the engine and a management interface so you can quickly see what's going on. Eventually some of this may make it into SDs web interface of the engine, but right now that's very limited and this interface provides you with more info and controls.

Can you provide more info on what you are seeing..
what version does it think it is?
why do you say it didn't update the software?
is this the first install of this QPKG?
if so what are you updating?
Yes, it's the first install over a current environment (NAS install). I tried this since the QNAP / SD install is now broken (thread on that, NAS install no longer works due to either a change in QNAP or SD's side). Ran the install as expected via the QNAP interface. The stock config file location was wrong, so I had to update that in your GUI config. After I did that, it is recording and sees all my old recordings. I also know it's installed and starting in the right spot as the GUI can't control the command version if it is started (permissions as is stated in this thread) and they both accurately reflect the status of started or stopped.

Console:
[/share/HDHomeRun] # ./hdhomerun_record status
HDHomeRun RECORD running
[/share/HDHomeRun] # ./hdhomerun_record version
HDHomeRun RECORD version 20170512beta1
Copyright © 2005-2016 Silicondust USA Inc. <www.silicondust.com>. All rights reserved.

Your GUI:
Version:0.9.22
Record Engine Version: 20170612beta3
HDHomeRun RECORD running | 20170629-21:53:45 Status: Resource: nbk=0 dmk=505