QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Downloads & Instructions
jagermeister

Re: QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Post by jagermeister »

I did verify that the web server is enabled on my Qnap per below.

Known Issues/Workarounds
No Web UI
Some have reported that the UI doesn't open. This is usually because the web server has been disabled, and you will need to enable it.
This can be found under 'Control Panel' -> 'Applications' -> 'Web Server'

johnsonj4isu

Post by johnsonj4isu »

jagermeister wrote:I did verify that the web server is enabled on my Qnap per below.

Known Issues/Workarounds
No Web UI
Some have reported that the UI doesn't open. This is usually because the web server has been disabled, and you will need to enable it.
I'm in the same boat as you, pretty new to the NAS and Linux as well, and also had the same problem where after installing the latest QPKG (thank you so much by the way, Rik!) The app showed up in my appcenter, but opened to a blank UI.

On my.hdhomerun.com I noticed that it said my DVR was authorized but there was an error with the recording location not being found. I can't remember exactly what it said, but I found an error logfile in there that said the path //Recordings/HDHomeRunDVR could not be found. I assume that folder was supposed to be created as part of the qpkg installation, but didn't for some reason. So I manually created the folder HDHomeRunDVR inside the //Recordings share via Windows explorer, and then the UI appeared as expected and the record engine worked!

Hope that helps, but I'll look forward to seeing any other feedback you get as well... I'm still learning.

demonrik
Device ID: 108042A1, 10814D8E

Post by demonrik »

johnsonj4isu wrote:
jagermeister wrote:I did verify that the web server is enabled on my Qnap per below.

Known Issues/Workarounds
No Web UI
I'm in the same boat as you, pretty new to the NAS and Linux as well, and also had the same problem where after installing the latest QPKG (thank you so much by the way, Rik!) The app showed up in my appcenter, but opened to a blank UI.

On my.hdhomerun.com I noticed that it said my DVR was authorized but there was an error with the recording location not being found. I can't remember exactly what it said, but I found an error logfile in there that said the path //Recordings/HDHomeRunDVR could not be found. I assume that folder was supposed to be created as part of the qpkg installation, but didn't for some reason. So I manually created the folder HDHomeRunDVR inside the //Recordings share via Windows explorer, and then the UI appeared as expected and the record engine worked!

Hope that helps, but I'll look forward to seeing any other feedback you get as well... I'm still learning.
This folder was/is part of the QNAP default shares.
Seems some of the newer QNAP QTS installations aren't creating it by default.

I have uploaded a 'diagnostics.sh' script to the google drive.
Please download to the QNAP, open SSH terminal and execute it and report back.

It is very likely you are missing /share/Recordings from the default share folders.
You should be able to either create it..
OR
open the control panel on the QNAP, go to Shared Folders, and then hit the 'Restore Default Shared Folders'

Anyway..
the root cause of this seems to be a change from QNAP.
At the very start of this project I was torn between /share/Multimedia and /share/Recordings
It looks like /share/Multimedia IS still a default share.. so will move to that for the next release. IF you already have install it shouldn't change the RecordPath.. so should be good.

On another note - I've cleaned out the old versions.. just last 4/5 are now available..

jagermeister

Post by jagermeister »

Thank you very much for the responses. I will try this tonight. One question I have is if I have already set up the record location to my mac and want to change it to the NAS location, is there a special procedure that I need to do to update my HDHomerun Connect device?

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

jagermeister wrote:Thank you very much for the responses. I will try this tonight. One question I have is if I have already set up the record location to my mac and want to change it to the NAS location, is there a special procedure that I need to do to update my HDHomerun Connect device?
Only 1 simple one..
Remove the record engine on the MAC.

jagermeister

Post by jagermeister »

I have both a multimedia and a recordings folder. No HDHomerunDVR folder. I created a subfolder under Recordings but it keeps creating a top level folder but adds folder in both called .syncing_db. Is this what I am supposed to do? I tried to ssh on terminal but getting an access denied when entering my password so not sure what is going on there.

I have not yet been able to uninstall my Mac record engine yet.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

jagermeister wrote:I have both a multimedia and a recordings folder. No HDHomerunDVR folder. I created a subfolder under Recordings but it keeps creating a top level folder but adds folder in both called .syncing_db. Is this what I am supposed to do? I tried to ssh on terminal but getting an access denied when entering my password so not sure what is going on there.

I have not yet been able to uninstall my Mac record engine yet.
Did u create the Recordings folder or did it already exist.
If u created, how did u create?

jagermeister

Post by jagermeister »

The recordings folder already existed. I just tried to open the GUI and it asked me for a password. Thinking it would be my NAS password, I typed that in and then it said access denied. Now, every time I open the GUI, it says:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /HDHomeRunDVR/ on this server.

Apache Server at 192.168.1.108 Port 80

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

jagermeister wrote:The recordings folder already existed. I just tried to open the GUI and it asked me for a password. Thinking it would be my NAS password, I typed that in and then it said access denied. Now, every time I open the GUI, it says:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /HDHomeRunDVR/ on this server.

Apache Server at 192.168.1.108 Port 80
Which GUI?

Odd error.
Are u logging in as Admin? Or another user?

Did u create the HDHomeRunDVR folder? Or was it created once u installed the qpkg?

Lack of ssh login is worrying. If password is being refused.. Are you trying to login as admin or another user? U will need to login as admin.

jagermeister

Post by jagermeister »

I created the HDHomeRunDVR folder manually because it wasn't created by the qpkg, as per what the other guy did. Correct me if I am wrong (again, newly to NAS's and linux), when I ssh, I log in using same password as my HTTP password?

jagermeister

Post by jagermeister »

The GUI i am referring to is the HDHomerun App in the App Center.

jagermeister

Post by jagermeister »

I think I figured out how to run the diagnostics.sh file. Doesn't look like the output we would expect?

[/share/Download] # ./diagnostics.sh
./diagnostics.sh: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `<'
./diagnostics.sh: line 1: `<!DOCTYPE html><html lang=en><meta charset=utf-8><meta name=viewport content="initial-scale=1, minimum-scale=1, width=device-width"><title>Error 400 (Not Found)!!1</title><style>*{margin:0;padding:0}html,code{font:15px/22px arial,sans-serif}html{background:#fff;color:#222;padding:15px}body{margin:7% auto 0;max-width:390px;min-height:180px;padding:30px 0 15px;}* > body{background:url(//www.google.com/images/errors/robot.png) 100% 5px no-repeat;padding-right:205px}p{margin:11px 0 22px;overflow:hidden}pre{white-space:pre-wrap;}ins{color:#777;text-decoration:none}a img{border:0}@media screen and (max-width:772px){body{background:none;margin-top:0;max-width:none;padding-right:0}}#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelo ... 0x54dp.png) no-repeat;margin-left:-5px}@media only screen and (min-resolution:192dpi){#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelo ... 0x54dp.png) no-repeat 0% 0%/100% 100%;-moz-border-image:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelo ... 0x54dp.png) 0}}@media only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio:2){#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelo ... 0x54dp.png) no-repeat;-webkit-background-size:100% 100%}}#logo{display:inline-block;height:54px;width:150px}</style><div id="af-error-container"><a href=//www.google.com/><span id=logo aria-label=Google></span></a><p><b>400.</b> <ins>That’s an error.</ins><p>The requested URL was not found on this server. <ins>That’s all we know.</ins><script>window['__pageLoadPinged'] = false; var __sendAvailabilityPing = function(a, c) {var p = []; p.push('a=' + a); p.push('c=' + c); p.push('s=drive'); p.push('tm=' + new Date().getTime()); p.push('zx=' + Math.random().toString().slice(2)); new Image().src = '\/\/clients2.google.com\/availability\/?' + p.join('&');};</script><script>__sendAvailabilityPing('pl', 'tf');</script></div>'
[/share/Download] #

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

jagermeister wrote:I created the HDHomeRunDVR folder manually because it wasn't created by the qpkg, as per what the other guy did. Correct me if I am wrong (again, newly to NAS's and linux), when I ssh, I log in using same password as my HTTP password?
How did you create?
It should have been created automatically - seems something is broken here. Could be how you created it isn't providing permissions.

Yes - is the same password - just make sure you are logging in as Admin
jagermeister wrote:I think I figured out how to run the diagnostics.sh file. Doesn't look like the output we would expect?

[/share/Download] # ./diagnostics.sh
./diagnostics.sh: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `<'
./diagnostics.sh: line 1: `<!DOCTYPE html><html lang=en><meta charset=utf-8><meta name=viewport content="initial-scale=1, minimum-scale=1, width=device-width"><title>Error 400 (Not Found)!!1</title><style>*{margin:0;padding:0}html,code{font:15px/22px arial,sans-serif}html{background:#fff;color:#222;padding:15px}body{margin:7% auto 0;max-width:390px;min-height:180px;padding:30px 0 15px;}* > body{background:url(//www.google.com/images/errors/robot.png) 100% 5px no-repeat;padding-right:205px}p{margin:11px 0 22px;overflow:hidden}pre{white-space:pre-wrap;}ins{color:#777;text-decoration:none}a img{border:0}@media screen and (max-width:772px){body{background:none;margin-top:0;max-width:none;padding-right:0}}#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelo ... 0x54dp.png) no-repeat;margin-left:-5px}@media only screen and (min-resolution:192dpi){#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelo ... 0x54dp.png) no-repeat 0% 0%/100% 100%;-moz-border-image:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelo ... 0x54dp.png) 0}}@media only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio:2){#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelo ... 0x54dp.png) no-repeat;-webkit-background-size:100% 100%}}#logo{display:inline-block;height:54px;width:150px}</style><div id="af-error-container"><a href=//www.google.com/><span id=logo aria-label=Google></span></a><p><b>400.</b> <ins>That’s an error.</ins><p>The requested URL was not found on this server. <ins>That’s all we know.</ins><script>window['__pageLoadPinged'] = false; var __sendAvailabilityPing = function(a, c) {var p = []; p.push('a=' + a); p.push('c=' + c); p.push('s=drive'); p.push('tm=' + new Date().getTime()); p.push('zx=' + Math.random().toString().slice(2)); new Image().src = '\/\/clients2.google.com\/availability\/?' + p.join('&');};</script><script>__sendAvailabilityPing('pl', 'tf');</script></div>'
[/share/Download] #
This is not my script.. but a HTML file of something..
You should simply download from the google drive (next release will include it directly) then transfer to the QNAP.

Really need the output of that script.. something is screwed up somewhere.. and it runs a lot of command line checks to see if we can spot what is going on.

My bet is /share/Recordings is set up wrong somehow. If it was correct, then the installer should have created the HDHomeRunDVR. But because it didn't it suggests the /share/Recordings is not correct.

The error on the GUI looks like a configuration problem with the /share/Web folder

You shouldn't be seeing issues like this. Something clearly went wrong in the install phase.
So lets get back to a clean slate..

Remember - ALWAYS log in as Admin to the QNAP
1. Remove the HDHomeRun DVR form the QTS Desktop App Center
2. Remove any folders you created for this.. e.g. /share/Recordings/HDHomeRunDVR
3. From QTS Desktop open the Control Panel and under Web Server do the following
3.1 scroll down and under Maintainence click on Restore to reset to default configuration
3.2 also down here under php.ini Maintainence click on Restore to reset the default php.ini
3.3 uncheck the Enable Web Server check box and click on Apply
3.4 check the Enable Web Server check box and click on Apply
4. From QTS Desktop open the Control Panel and under Share Folders
4.1 IF 'Recordings' exists and is empty select and click 'Remove'
4.2 Click on 'Restore Default Shared Folders'
4.3 IF 'Recordings' is not added back.. Will need to click on 'Create' and ensure Admin has readwrite permissions

This will restore the QNAP to a good base.
Once done.. now reinstall the QPKG..

Note - I will be releasing an updated QPKG later tonite which removes the requirement for this folder to exist on first install. AND will include the diagnostics.sh file.
Would recommend to wait for this one if you can.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Removed - see OP for correct version and link
Last edited by demonrik on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

quick update..

0.9.7 available with 20160901beta3 of the engine