QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Downloads & Instructions
demonrik
Device ID: 108042A1, 10814D8E

Re: QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Post by demonrik »

321liftoff wrote:I manually stopped it via ssh, then started it using the webpage. The line 96 and 115 errors are gone, but the following still remain on tabs HDHR, Rules, and Recordings
Notice: Undefined index: DiscoverURL in /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/HDHomeRunDVR/ui/includes/dvrui_hdhrjson.php on line 32
Notice: Undefined index: DiscoverURL in /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/HDHomeRunDVR/ui/includes/dvrui_hdhrjson.php on line 32
hmm..
You have something older which is not reporting a DiscoverURL.
BUT for some reason this doesn't cause an error for me (I've an old HDHomeRun DUAL) which also doesn't have the DiscoverURL.

Anyway - I think I have the fix - q0.8.7b now uploaded.

321liftoff

Post by 321liftoff »

That fixed it for me. I have 3 homerun devices on my network, 1) Extend, 2) HDHR, and 3) HDHR3. So maybe the two error messages were directed at the two older devices?

Anyway, thanks for the fixes!

jjmans

Post by jjmans »

Hi - I'm new to this.
Just purchased a QNAP ts451 and I am trying to use my HDHomerun network tuner. I have loaded your package, but it shows nothing under the HDHRs page. The log files show the following:
20160703-00:00:23 Recording: discover on 192.168.xx.255
20160703-00:00:23 Recording: discover on 192.168.xx.255
20160703-00:00:23 Recording: discover - no tuners detected

where do I set the IP for the device so it can be detected?

Thanks

gtb
Expert

Post by gtb »

jjmans wrote:Hi - I'm new to this.
Is your HDHomeRun one of the current generations (HDHR3-CC, HDHR4, or HDTC)? The DVR functionality only supports the current generation of device(s). Is your HDHomeRun and the QNAP on the same network?
Last edited by gtb on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

avdp

Post by avdp »

That can be a lot of things... have you downloaded the latest firmware for your tuner and is the installer able to find it?

Have you purchased and activated a DVR subscription?

jjmans

Post by jjmans »

I have the HDHR3-DT (Australia) and they are on the same network. It works fine with Windows Media centre

avdp

Post by avdp »

That device is not on the list of devices supported for DVR. You may want to take your question up a level in the forum since it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the qpkg that demonrik created.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Removed - see OP for correct version and link
Last edited by demonrik on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

avdp

Post by avdp »

Very nice! I am going to study the new code now - very intrigued on how this was done and world of possibilities this opens :)

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

there is a great world of possibilities.. just take care to mind the rules, particularly of use of images... in my mind the URL isn't an image but some may argue otherwise. I also don't know what they consider guide data so have been holding back a little (some of my initial sharing of data was based on Kodi Mod rules not DVR-Terms of Service Rules)... I can easily see how guide might be abused, particularly if one tried to make a 14 day grid using the methods presented in the slice view... over 25000 requests for a typical cable system... I think it can be cut to 84 and even not all got at once but haven't seen that aspect used so won't be the one to try.

Personally I would like to see Search and Episodes a little more documented and available for all to use (at least search)

Are you allowing ChannelOnly to be set on that rules page? Are you populating it from episodes or just default channel from series info (or even what was recorded)... I haven't moved that way yet with my utility and for one thing I thought was on NBC I set to 12.1 and it was actually on ABC 15.1 so I do need to work on that a bit. I also allow a user definable default padding with a button to quickly set that... I also add an AfterOriginalAirdateOnly option with a button that would set date to "now" (I subtract a day as I am lazy).

It is also nice how engine ip:port can now so easily be obtained

avdp

Post by avdp »

oh, what utility did you create signcarver? Sounds like something I'd like to try :)

The most interesting feature I'm looking for is the ability to schedule a show from a webpage. Not scheduling grid, nothing like that. Just search for a show, then click record. Kind of like the discover/search page provided by the DVR but from a webpage.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

signcarver wrote:there is a great world of possibilities.. just take care to mind the rules, particularly of use of images...
i.e. https://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewt ... 88&t=19230
Yes - this is a transient data.. so we request, and it's displayed as long as the person is on the page.. Once you kill the page it's dropped.. so no archiving, or storage beyond keeping the request in memory until the page is refreshed. I think this is inline with the rules. Clearly if SD disagree I can pull it.
I can easily see how guide might be abused, particularly if one tried to make a 14 day grid using the methods presented in the slice view... over 25000 requests for a typical cable system... I think it can be cut to 84 and even not all got at once but haven't seen that aspect used so won't be the one to try.
This is I imagine is a big concern.. Can lead to a lot of hits to the guide servers in SD.. which is not a good thing really.
At least here it's just a matter of rules, but that can also get out of hand.
I have some optimizations in place to slow down the pace of requests.. BUT it would be so much easier if I could concatenate the series I'm interested in to a single request.. The server would manage it better, and so would my scripts :)
Personally I would like to see Search and Episodes a little more documented and available for all to use (at least search)
+1
Are you allowing ChannelOnly to be set on that rules page? Are you populating it from episodes or just default channel from series info (or even what was recorded)...
It's reported by the Rules right now if the Channels is set to a particular channel, so no entry means all channels. However I had thought to also do a guide lookup on that series to get the channels, which should allow me to provide a list of channels so you can set ChannelOnly.. But I don't want to overload the queries until I optimize..
I haven't moved that way yet with my utility and for one thing I thought was on NBC I set to 12.1 and it was actually on ABC 15.1 so I do need to work on that a bit. I also allow a user definable default padding with a button to quickly set that...
Yeah - that is something I want to be able to override.. and also to provide an ability to set a selection of rules with new padding in one click.
I also add an AfterOriginalAirdateOnly option with a button that would set date to "now" (I subtract a day as I am lazy).
Had thought about that too.. one step at a time.. Eventually the green decorators will be clickable, and then you have the selection boxes to allow some group functions.
It is also nice how engine ip:port can now so easily be obtained
Made it really easy.
Was already going down the way of setting the port anyway in the config, so would have been relatively easy for this UI to find it on the local server.. But having it discoverable now streamlines the whole thing :)
avdp wrote:The most interesting feature I'm looking for is the ability to schedule a show from a webpage. Not scheduling grid, nothing like that. Just search for a show, then click record. Kind of like the discover/search page provided by the DVR but from a webpage.
That's going to be tricky.. But I like the idea..
I don't think I will do it here - but if someone contributes it.... ;)

avdp

Post by avdp »

I don't think I will do it here - but if someone contributes it.... ;)
Sounds like a challenge, I just might try :)

cetheridge30

Post by cetheridge30 »

Really great work here. I appreciate everything you have done!

Having said that, just curious as to what the end game is here. How far do we go with an app like this? All the talk of finding a show on a webpage and having it automatically record seems like it would be way out of the scope of what is even really plausible with the system. Especially considering the somewhat limited EPG that SD provides, and also it seems something more suited for a browser plugin than an app for a NAS.

One last little criticism... Skewmorphism is dead. Could we get some more flat looking buttons on the server tab? ;)

Again, thanks for everything.

321liftoff

Post by 321liftoff »

@cetheridge30, you can rightclick on the HDHomerun DVR banner on the webpage and open in a new tab, to get full-screen webpage. You can also book-mark this site so you don't have to navigate through QNAP pages to get to it.

deamonrik, you are flat-out crazy :D I can't believe the product you are providing us; this is what I expect from SiliconDust and you are well ahead of the curve. You have made it extremely easy to implement the DVR Record engine on the Qnap NAS, and thus are helping us all enjoy the test phase that much more. Kudos!!! I hope SD is compensating you somehow with some free tuners or something!

Quick comment...if a show has a two-line description on the Recordings or Rules pages, then the green text (channel and "All Episodes") or the Buttons (play, delete, rerecord) is pushed down where its sitting half-way on the horizontal line separating the two episodes. I wonder if it's a font rendering issue on my chromebook browser vs what you are using to develop the page. The Upcoming page looks fine, because the thumbnail images are larger, giving more room for the text and the green buttons/text.