Unofficial QPKG binaries are made available by @demonrik and details to install follow with support via this thread or via discord
Unofficial QPKG Installation Instructions
- Download the latest .qpkg file from Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive, or advanced users can build from source (see below). The .md5 file allows advanced users to verfiy that the file has not been modified in transit but is otherwise not needed.
- Log on to your QNAP QTS Desktop via the web interface.
- Once on the QTS Desktop you need to open the App Center - either via the desktop icon or menu
- With the appcenter open, select the button to 'install manually'
- this will open a dialog for you to select the built/downloaded QPKG and then install
- Once installed you will have an icon in the appcenter
And the QTS desktop menu
- You can open these and be presented with the UI which allows you to browse the logs, see your HDHR devices, and see the status of the DVR engine.
The windows installer for the QNAP NAS requires a lot of steps that are unnecessary and for some complex. It is also missing a number of features to integrate fully into the QTS Desktop, and provide startup/shutdown routines, etc.
Thus I started up a quick project with the purpose to build a proper QPKG installer for QNAP to allow easy deployment of the DVR engine to QNAP users NAS boxes, while also adding some additional UI features to allow simpler configuration and status information of the DVR Engine. I'm making unofficial builds with the DVR engine included available via my various mechanisms shared above.
Thankfully @Nickk set up a silicondust DVR installer project on github and I've contributed my QDK project to build that QNAP installer in the qnap subfolder
License of the QDK sources is public domain. License of the HDHomeRun DVR Record Engine remains the property of SiliconDust and use of this QDK sources does in no way permit the user the right to redistribute the binaries without SiliconDust's permission and/or permit any breaking of SiliconDust's license restrictions on the DVR record engine.