libhdhomerun-dev package location

Want to write your own code to work with a HDHomeRun or work with the HDHomeRun DVR? We are happy to help with concepts, APIs, best practices.
rocknrobin72

libhdhomerun-dev package location

Post by rocknrobin72 »

I am running a linux Slackware 14.2 distro and am installing the necessary hdhomerun libraries to work with an HDHR-US. Since I am installing this on a Slackware server and there are no pre-built packages such as Ubuntu or Debian where I can "apt-get" the packages I need I require the source code to install from source. I found and installed Silicon Dust HDHomeRun Config GTK (source) and libhdhomerun (source) from the Silicon Dust download web site. I now have libhdhomerun.so in my /usr/local/lib directory and I can invoke the hdhomerun config discover on the command line and the two tuners of my HDHR-US show up. I also have the hdhomerun_config_gui which I can launch from my kde desktop and bring up the configuration gui which also "sees" the two tuners on my HDHR-US. I would like to do some further devel work but cannot find the libhdhomerun-dev package or library to download. I have read from some other forums that Debian and/or Ubuntu provide a libhdhomerun-dev pre-built package, but I don't have that option with Slackware. Can anyone tell me where I might find the libhdhomerun-dev libraries so I can get them installed?

rpcameron

Re: libhdhomerun-dev package location

Post by rpcameron »

What more do you need to download? You already downloaded and installed the library; there is nothing more to do. (You may want to move the header files into /usr/local/include, but otherwise, you've already done everything.)

rocknrobin72

Post by rocknrobin72 »

Pardon my ignorance, I am new to this, but from what I have read after downloading what I did and installing it, I still can't find a libhdhomerun-dev library for doing any devel work on my own. Is it supposed to be part of the packages I already downloaded?

rocknrobin72

Post by rocknrobin72 »

Thanks for the suggestion. Moving the header files into the usr/local/include directory accomplished what I needed.