Getting a SeriesID?

Want to write your own code to work with a HDHomeRun or work with the HDHomeRun DVR? We are happy to help with concepts, APIs, best practices.
bdbauer

Getting a SeriesID?

Postby bdbauer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:33 am

Is there an API that allows the equivalent of searching in the Discover tab?

I'd like to be able to add a recording when I'm away, but obviously doing that through the HDHR app is out of the question. I can add a series OK, but only when I already know the SeriesID (i.e. after I've already scheduled it) - where do you get a SeriesID from?

signcarver
Expert

Re: Getting a SeriesID?

Postby signcarver » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:03 pm

I'll answer both your posts here... you can do some digging in the code for the kodi add-on or use wireshark captures to see what it requests... As far as the Guide API, that is unpublished and I can easily see how it can be abused so won't "share" it until SD also publishes such, or nickk or such ok's it to be posted (I realize they have other things to do so might not get around to it for a while). Officially I believe they have asked for people to reach out and get such details in private from them (and in doing so also often provides some way to track which app made the request, in case it becomes abusive towards their systems)

When they first published the API at github, I also realized they provided no way to get the SeriesID so I have publicly posted how to "search" and got some credit when demonrik originally posted his DVRWebUI (since much has been taken over by avdp on that front)

Code: Select all

https://api.hdhomerun.com/api/search?DeviceAuth=xxxxx&Search=searchStr
where the xxxxx is the DeviceAuth of your tuner (should concatenate multiple as well as url encode it so special characters have a %xx format such as %20 for a space or a %2B for a +) and the searchStr is the actual string to search for.

Note you need the DeviceAuth of the tuner for any of the API's to work and that may be "difficult" to obtain the current one when you are away.

My suggestion if you wish to do remote scheduling, install the DVRWebUI on a web server in your home and forward a port to it (may wish some additional security).

bdbauer

Re: Getting a SeriesID?

Postby bdbauer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:31 pm

Thanks! That search worked great. I don't know how much I'll be using this but at least I have the steps. As REST APIs go, this is one of the least fussy ones I've used.

I had read about the DVR UI but was having a hard time finding it. Apparently the trick is to search for demonrik. 8-)

Return to “Development Support”