Enhancement Recomendations

Want to write your own code to work with a HDHomeRun or work with the HDHomeRun DVR? We are happy to help with concepts, APIs, best practices.
martindtm

Enhancement Recomendations

Postby martindtm » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:12 am

I'm using an HDhomerun Prime with DigitalCable from Xfinity/Comcast and the current HDhomerun PVR downloaded software on windows 10. App Version 20170408 1.1.199.0

When setting a recording task you only have a couple of control choices. It would be nice if the following enhancement could be added to the recording function:

1. Allow the selection of HD vs Non-HD channels for recording a series (This could be added to the Live TV viewing channels as well).
2. Allow the selection of NEW episodes or ALL episodes.

martindtm

Re: Enhancement Recomendations

Postby martindtm » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:40 am

Another enhancement suggestion:

When playing a previously recorded movie or episode, sometimes you have to stop and comeback later. It would be nice if the system would remember where you were and give you the choice of resuming where you left off. Currently it just starts from the beginning over again and you have to fast forward to find where you were.

Mediaman
Expert

Postby Mediaman » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:47 pm

Another enhancement suggestion:

When playing a previously recorded movie or episode, sometimes you have to stop and comeback later. It would be nice if the system would remember where you were and give you the choice of resuming where you left off. Currently it just starts from the beginning over again and you have to fast forward to find where you were.

1. Allow the selection of HD vs Non-HD channels for recording a series (This could be added to the Live TV viewing channels as well).
2. Allow the selection of NEW episodes or ALL episodes.
A} nest on the list of to do's
1} Recording preference is already set this way but if the SD one starts first that is the one that gets recording. Personally I have all SD channels that have an HD version shut down.
2} Coming feature after OTA release candidate.

ERWINFJ

Postby ERWINFJ » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:36 am

I'd like to see SiliconDust create an API for the OTTs or possibly partner with them. It would be sweet to have Directv Now, Playstation Vue, etc, integrate with one or more HDHomeruns and have all of the live channels together.

dbullendsl

Postby dbullendsl » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:09 am

I just pulled the plug on 2 windows 7 media center pc's and am now running HDHomeRun DVR exclusively on a FreeNAS (FreeBSD) platform, along with Kodi clients on Nvidia Shield boxes and iPhones/iPads.

So far everything is great, I'm getting the recordings that I scheduled and the quality is exactly what I expected.

I do have a few suggestions however:

1) Add ability to add a recording for programs that are not currently in the 14 day EPG, example; The Blacklist is not scheduled to resume until sometime in January 2018 but I'd like to add it to the schedule and there aren't any reruns being broadcast.

2) Add the ability to redirect the log file to another directory such as /var/log other than the HDHomeRun recording folder.

3) Add the Network Name or Channel to the file name of the recording. I use MCEBuddy to strip commercials from the recording, but programs recorded from my local PBS station don't have commercials, only inter-program breaks so the MCEBuddy profiles were selected based on the networks.

Thanks in advance, great job thank you.

DaveB

Return to “Development Support”