DRM

Want to write your own code to work with a HDHomeRun or work with the HDHomeRun DVR? We are happy to help with concepts, APIs, best practices.
MrMxyzptlk

DRM

Postby MrMxyzptlk » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:03 am

I hate to beat a horse that is not supposed to be dead; but!

WHEN, is DRM going to be completely supported. You can't tell me, it has taken YEARS to try and work out the DRM on the technical end.
If this is a legal matter, it would make much more sense...to me.

Status update please...

Mediaman
Expert

Re: DRM

Postby Mediaman » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:26 pm

It is very much a legal matter in that if one drm protected piece of content makes it into the world in general [hacked] and is traced back to their delivery system it will cost them 1-8 million most likely bankrupting the company.

The steps announced in January that are left [off the top of my head] are live viewing DRM in W10 and Android. Fine tuning the DVR for OTA and adding specific features for its release. ESS notices [a legal matter] and resume on recording playback are two stated goals needing to be added to the software. After the OTA RC then attention should focus on DRM recording and a full RC. After that Mac will be revisited for DRM content delivery.

jmrdv

Postby jmrdv » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:06 am

Legal or not - this was a key point they included in their statements for this product. I am willing to believe that many of us only signed up and purchased their product was because they keep saying that DRM was coming soon. I agree that soon is a variable but after years of waiting, I believe that their time is up - produce or stop including any mention of overcoming DRM for recording and storing.

squirrellydw

Postby squirrellydw » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:40 pm

take your time and get it right, you only have one chance

Return to “Development Support”