Alexa, ask SD to play NBC

Want to write your own code to work with a HDHomeRun or work with the HDHomeRun DVR? We are happy to help with concepts, APIs, best practices.
mediaguy

Alexa, ask SD to play NBC

Postby mediaguy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:18 am

VOICE ACTIVATION... the future is now!

Let's get going on this all you coding guys and gals!
The HDHomeRun app should be voice activated and connected with BOTH the Amazon Echo Dot and Google Home.

Remote controls are so yesterday.

Alexa, ask SD to "play NBC", "play ESPN", "play channel 704", "play Mr. Robot", etc. :D
"OK"
Alexa, "thank you."
"Anytime"
Alexa, "remind me when the new season of Game of Thrones begins"
"Hmmm...I can't find the answer to the question I heard"

I'd purchase such an app and I believe it would be a hit in the marketplace.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, and BTW.... SD development, please get the DRM working on your app ASAP. It is needed badly.

patman

Re: Alexa, ask SD to play NBC

Postby patman » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:31 am

It would be nice if the view app had an api - ideally a restful web api. I've been working on (yet another) Alexa skilll for JRiver - it would be nice to have something for the view app - so far I have't been able to find anything.

shelbygt351

Postby shelbygt351 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:36 pm

This is especially relevant with the Echo Show. I just received mine today and it would be awesome to have HDHr View work with it.

mediaguy

Postby mediaguy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:15 pm

Hey Cortana, open HDHomeRun app.
- OK starting HDHomeRun app.

(and the HDHomeRun app opens on a Windows 10 computer, but Cortana doesn't seem to be able to change channels by voice command)

-----------------------------------------

Alexa, open HDHomeRun app.
- I couldn't find any enabled video skills.

(Alexa doesn't seem to be able to handle the HDHomeRun app at all)

Siri.... Ah, forget Siri. I'm just not an Apple kinda guy. Too expensive for their products.

But really.... it's 2017 and voice activated devices and apps are appearing everywhere. I hope Silicondust has this on their to do list. I know DRM support for their HDHomeRun apps and dvr are more important at the moment. But voice activation is still on my wish list. Maybe by Christmas 2018?

If Xfinity can have a voice activated set top box, I hope SD can do the same. :roll:
Just my 2 sense, e.g. audio and visual

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Hey Cortana, open HDHomeRun app.
- OK starting HDHomeRun app.

(and the HDHomeRun app opens on a Windows 10 computer, but Cortana doesn't seem to be able to change channels by voice command)

Alexa, open HDHomeRun app.
- I couldn't find any enabled video skills.

(Alexa doesn't seem to be able to handle the HDHomeRun app at all)

Siri.... Ah, forget Siri. I'm just not an Apple kinda guy. Too expensive for their products.

But really.... it's 2017 and voice activated devices and apps are appearing everywhere. I hope Silicondust has this on their to do list. I know DRM support for their HDHomeRun apps and dvr are more important at the moment. But voice activation is still on my wish list. Maybe by Christmas 2018?

If Xfinity can have a voice activated set top box, I hope SD can do the same. :roll:
Just my 2 sense, e.g. audio and visual
Alexa does open the Hdhomerun app and can play pause . Hulu and PlayStation Vue can tune to the networks. We are getting closer.

Return to “Development Support”