Request: Add reset to factory and Restart button in gui/web

Want to write your own code to work with a HDHomeRun or work with the HDHomeRun DVR? We are happy to help with concepts, APIs, best practices.
wazer

Request: Add reset to factory and Restart button in gui/web

Post by wazer »

So I have this problem and was wondering why the heck I cannot find a restart unit or reset to factory defaults settings.

It seems to be missing and could be VERY handy

Is that something that can be implemented in the GUI and the WEB http://x.x.x.x/ ?

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Request: Add reset to factory and Restart button in gui/web

Post by NedS »

There's not really anything to reset outside of the channel list.

wazer

Post by wazer »

NedS wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:31 pm There's not really anything to reset outside of the channel list.
Channels list and network ID since it can become stuck

Can it be made :)?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

What do you mean by network ID?

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

You can clear the channel list by running a scan without anything connected to the input.

wazer

Post by wazer »

NedS wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:51 pm What do you mean by network ID?
You could not clear list with network ID still being active from older location, it simply refused until I by luck found a way.

This is the network ID I'm talking about.

https://i.imgur.com/6jMMOuW.png

Last time I had a really hard time getting this cleared I had to use a bugged parameter "invalid" and only then would it refresh new network ID.

I bought the device used from a guy who had cable tv on a different provider with different network ID where you could select multiple IDS, but it would never accept or jump over to the new network id by countless of scanning until I by luck could make it invalid and then it started working and would find my channels.

I had tried removing coax cable and then doing scans, did not work
I tried inputting various and random values in config gui fields, just to see if it could get away from that network ID somehow, did not work.
Hours of restarting the device, removing power for longer time, did not work.

I'm afraid of posting what I did, since if you fix the issue I was lucky to find, what about next time if there's no reset/clear button, you never know when something weird happens to the hardware with almost no helping tools inside the software for restarting and resetting the settings.

jasonl wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:56 pm You can clear the channel list by running a scan without anything connected to the input.
Not possible if network ID is locked/bugged.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Ah, I see now. My apologies, I was not considering DVB-C. I will ask the development team about this and see what they think.

wazer

Post by wazer »

NedS wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:43 pm Ah, I see now. My apologies, I was not considering DVB-C. I will ask the development team about this and see what they think.
Thanks you.