HDGrandSlam - A Plex Plug-in

Want to write your own code to work with a HDHomeRun or work with the HDHomeRun DVR? We are happy to help with concepts, APIs, best practices.
mlibby

Re: HDGrandSlam - A Plex Plug-in

Postby mlibby » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:37 am

HDGrandSlam works perfectly on Plex Version 1.3.3.3148 or earlier. HDGrandSlam and HDRViewer get the same error on later versions of plex. Note, I'm not sure which version because 1.3.3.3148 is the only one I had available to revert to. Regardless, something changed in Plex and it appears that HDGrandSlam is no longer supported.

Thank you for your support while we had it. Awesome product and one that I would pay for! For now I'm I'm staying with an older version of Plex until there is a replacement for live tv or your support comes back online.

Thanks again!
Mike

john21wall

Postby john21wall » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:51 am

Hello. I am thinking of purchasing an HDHomeRun and getting a cablecard from Comcast, but before I do that I had a question. I've been looking in to the DVR functionality of Plex with the HDHomeRun (which looks great), but I was wondering if you can use Plex to stream live TV to the Chromecast as well? That is an important function for me, and will be a deciding factor of whether or not I want to go with this setup.
If it is possible, will it work with Chromecast Gen 1, or would I need Chromecast Gen 2?
Thank you!!

lurker_33

Postby lurker_33 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:38 pm

For those interested a temporary fix has been found for newer versions of PMS.
@mblnx said:
HDGrandSlam.bundle/Contents/Code/__init__.py
On Line 305 replace:
def ShowTunedTV(guideno,include_container=False,checkFiles=0):
with
def ShowTunedTV(guideno,include_container=False,checkFiles=0,includeBandwidths=0):
Save and restart plex (mine took a couple minutes without restart to pick up the changes).
Credit to @mblnx over at the plex forum: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/22925 ... s-dvrs/p16

jeffddntdt

Postby jeffddntdt » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:52 am

Plex now allows you to watch livetv through the webUI and their android app. so you should be able to get it to work.

Return to “Development Support”