InstaTV for iPhone/iPad/AppleTV with DVR Support

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, EyeTV, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
psb

Re: InstaTV for iPhone/iPad/AppleTV with DVR Support

Postby psb » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Just installed latest version of InstaTV on iPad and TVOS. However, on both iPad and AppleTV they are not picking up the DVR every time without re-installing the HDHomeRun DVR software.

Checked the status, the DVR is fine and has an IP address assigned.

DVR (v. 20161206beta1) is installed on a Mac and is working fine.

Anyone have any suggestions how to fix ? The DVR seems to disappear after being recognised a couple of times.

Tomi

Re: InstaTV for iOS/tvOS Beta (iPhone/iPad/AppleTV)+DVR Support

Postby Tomi » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:20 am

When will the software support DVB-subtitles?
Waiting for a reply.
subtitle/cc support is definitely planned.
Please add DVB-subtitle support.
My HDHR Expand is a great device and all I need and would like to use, but at the moment not very usable. Half of the channels have DVB-subs here, so I'm forced to use other services.
____
Tomi

tmoe

Postby tmoe » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:23 pm

I've just started using instatv on 2 apple tv's the latest version and on the one apple tv that is used the most for watching live tv it starting only showing about 10 seconds of the channel and would then close the app and go to the main apple screen. The 2nd apple tv was working fine, the one in question is direct connected to the router where the silicondust prime is also attached but I did test the network, I even tried wireless and the same issue, restart apple tv, unplugged and plugged the apple tv back in and the same issue. The app would play about 10 seconds and close.

What worked was delete app, reinstall app, load my favorites and reload premium features. Its back to working. If it happens again I'll update this post.

InstaTV Support

Postby InstaTV Support » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:54 am

New iOS update (20170625.1)
  • New: Guide data for legacy HDHomeRun TV tuners running firmware 20161117 or newer
  • New: Live TV Pause and Resume (Time-shifting)
  • New: Enable all playback codec on iOS 64bit devices. In-App-Purchase enables fullscreen playback.
  • New: Support VPN by allowing manually enter IP for HDHomeRun Tuner or HDHomeRun DVR Storage (No Support for Legacy HDHomeRun)
  • Fix: HW decoding crashing issue with HDHomeRun Extended
  • New: Notify low DVR storage space

zosobao

Postby zosobao » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Have the great developers at InstaTV ever considered implementing the option for a program listing guide that looks more like a traditional cable system? Would love to toss the cable boxes, but there is something just easier about being able to view the current and upcoming programs in a grid style listing.

InstaTV Support

Postby InstaTV Support » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:23 pm

Have the great developers at InstaTV ever considered implementing the option for a program listing guide that looks more like a traditional cable system? Would love to toss the cable boxes, but there is something just easier about being able to view the current and upcoming programs in a grid style listing.
it's coming.

zosobao

Postby zosobao » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:27 pm

If that is the case I may need to start purchasing apple tvs. Any kind of timeframe?

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Topic moved to Third Party Software forum.

zosobao

Postby zosobao » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:05 pm

Just another stupid question. When you go to Discover, how do you know if the show will be on tonight or some other time? I don't seem to see any times anywhere.

creas002

Postby creas002 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:58 pm

I paid for the InstaTV inApp purchase for ATV so I could view full screen. I performed a purchase restore to get it working on my 2 other ATV's. All was good, then I subscribed to SiliconDust DVR service and configured DVR to r cord to my 32TB Synology NAS D1813+ and recordings worked correctly on 1st ATV, but when I went to one of my other ATV's the live TV was full screen but DVR recordings were not and it displayed a message during playback to view full screen I must perform inApp purchase. Settings showed that I had not performed the inApp purchase and every time I tried restoring my previous purchase it said it was restored but did not register it. I had to pay a second time to get it working again. Did I do something wrong?

zosobao

Postby zosobao » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:37 pm

Ran into an issue. I upgraded the NAS hard drives. The homerun DVR applications are on it, but InstaTV Pro says "No data found or no HDHomerun DVR Subscription." I can access the DVR with my HDHomerun application on the computer and on my Shield TV, so the DVR info is there. I have uninstalled/installed multiple times with the same result. Any suggestions?

zosobao

Postby zosobao » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:38 am

My issue appears to have resolved itself after trying the app last night. I had done nothing since posting the issue.

Return to “Third Party Software”