HDHomeRun Flex 4K Roku stream stops and goes back to menu

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
vader860

HDHomeRun Flex 4K Roku stream stops and goes back to menu

Post by vader860 »

I have a Roku Ultra that keeps having issues with the OTA live stream where it stops playing and goes back to the main menu. As I understand it, the Roku players are pickier when streaming than other devices. I have a Fire TV and mobile phone that have no issues. Has anyone else with a Roku faced this behavior and if so, was there anything you have done that stabilized the HDHomeRun App?

NedS
Silicondust

Re: HDHomeRun Flex 4K Roku stream stops and goes back to menu

Post by NedS »

Improving reception will go a long way. Even if no issues are visible on other devices, it will reduce the amount of bad data that the Roku video player will freak out about. Depending on the antenna, you might have an included (or built-in) amplifier that might be causing issues as well. Amazon is full of antennas with needless amplifiers that are cheaply made and either introduce signal noise or end up overloading the HDHomeRun with a bit too much signal. Bypassing the signal amplifier is a good test (the actual amp itself, not just the power injector).