I have 2 HDHR units: HDHR3-US and a HDHR5-4K-DEV
I've been using HDHomerun Config GUI for about 10 years, and it was working until recently.
I currently have VLC Player 3.0.16 x64 loaded in Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
I recently updated the HDHR software to hdhomerun_windows_20210720.exe
A few days after doing so, I noticed that HDHomeRun config GUI no longer passes the video stream address to VLC Player when the View button is pressed.
If I manually copy the rtp address in HDHomeRun config GUI into VLC Player, then I can view the video stream, so we can tell the HDHR tuners are starting and sending an rtp stream address.
I spent some time and tried to restore the software back to a stock condition:
1. I uninstalled both VLC Player and HDHomerun applications from my Windows 10 PC.
2. removed the Windows registry entries Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Silicondust\ and Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VideoLAN
3. rebooted Windows 10
4. installed VLC Player 3.0.16 x64 version
5. installed hdhomerun_windows_20210720.exe
6. ran HDHomerun Setup and HDHomerun Config GUI
7. selected a valid local HD channel
8. clicked View button and VLC Player opened with an error message "Your input can't be opened: VLC is unable to open the MRL 'udp://@127.0.0.1:5000". Check the log for details."
9. set VLC Player to log at the debug level (the log showed that VLC was not able to access udp://@127.0.0.1:5000)
10. opened Windows Defender Firewall and set both HDHomerun Config GUI and VLC Player to be allowed for Local and opened up Inbound and Outbound traffic.
11. I restarted Windows 10 and tried running HDHomerun Config GUI again - same error from VLC Player
What can be done to re-establish the broken link between HDHomeRun config GUI and VLC Player?
Segment of VLC Player log showing :
Code: Select all
main debug: starting playback of new item main debug: resyncing on udp://127.0.0.1:5000 main debug: udp://127.0.0.1:5000 is at 0 main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for 'udp://127.0.0.1:5000' main debug: requesting art for new input thread main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB main debug: using timeshift path: C:\Users\erick\AppData\Local\Temp main debug: `udp://@127.0.0.1:5000' gives access `udp' demux `any' path `@127.0.0.1:5000' main debug: creating demux: access='udp' demux='any' email@example.com:5000' file='\\@127.0.0.1:5000' main debug: looking for access_demux module matching "udp": 15 candidates main debug: no access_demux modules matched main debug: creating access: udp://@127.0.0.1:5000 main debug: (path: \\@127.0.0.1:5000) main debug: looking for access module matching "udp": 27 candidates main debug: looking for meta fetcher module matching "any": 1 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\erick\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetcher lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher qt debug: IM: Setting an input main debug: no meta fetcher modules matched main debug: looking for art finder module matching "any": 2 candidates udp debug: opening server=:0 local=127.0.0.1:5000 main debug: net: opening 127.0.0.1 datagram port 5000 lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\erick\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\art lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua