UI Volume Control Gone?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Dave_V

UI Volume Control Gone?

Post by Dave_V »

Hello,

I've noticed recently that my volume control in the user interface is gone, and I cannot find any option to get it back, even with reinstalling the app. It used to be in the bottom left, next to the pause/rewind functions. Is this a new "feature"? I use it frequently while my Macbook is docked, it allows for more granular control of the volume than my sound bar has.

HDHomeRun Device - Connect Duo 10604E76
Firmware - 20210624
Software - 20210720 (For Mac)

If this link works, it's a screenshot of what my app UI looks like now:
https://imgur.com/ejH8JPY

Thanks!

nickk
Silicondust

Re: UI Volume Control Gone?

Post by nickk »

Not intentional... investigating...

Dave_V

Post by Dave_V »

Thanks! Also, just FYI, I checked on my Windows 10 PC, and the volume control is still there (same app version), so my issue appears to be isolated to the Mac version.

couleurs

Post by couleurs »

I noticed this happened a few days ago, it's a very handy feature as sometimes I like to have the TV audio muted in the background.
I'm using the exact same HDHomeRun device, firmware and software as Dave_V so it looks to be macOS related only?

sdust

Post by sdust »

[removed by moderator]

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

UI update released... you should see the volume control back sometime overnight (no need to do anything to install/upgrade other that restart the app).

Nick

couleurs

Post by couleurs »

Thanks nickk the 20210817 UI update has fixed it!

Would you happen to know the ETA for the M1 (ARM) macOS app?

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

couleurs wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:32 pm Would you happen to know the ETA for the M1 (ARM) macOS app?
The app works well on M1 today. Compiling native M1 code is on our TODO list but is not expected to make a visible difference.

Nick

Dave_V

Post by Dave_V »

It's back now, thank you very much for the quick assist! My Mac auto-updated to Big Sur 11.5.2 overnight, so I wonder if something in not being updated was related to the issue in some way.