FireTV App - no live TV - no access go guide data?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
tspin

FireTV App - no live TV - no access go guide data?

Post by tspin »

Hi,

Nothing has really changed although the amazon app could have updated. I turned it on to watch Live TV today and got a black screen. Went to he settings page and noticed the time is incorrect. I went into settings and devices, and is finds my extend, but says (no guide access). The channels are all blank as well. To be clear I am having the issue on 2 of these units.

Works fine on Windows 10 PC app and Android App. This is on an Amazon Firestick 4K. I have reboot it (power cycled) and the HDR unit itself

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: FireTV App - no live TV - no access go guide data?

Post by nickk »

Hi,

I can take a look - go into the settings menu in the HDHomeRun app and turn on "send diagnostic information", then post back with the Device ID of your HDHomeRun.

Nick

tspin

Post by tspin »

LOL - I saw there was an update to the Extend software so I did it... now nothing works :-) Windows 10 and Android say "Unable to play channel: Communication error Tune failed"

It is enabled and the Device ID: 10542999.

Thanks for your help.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

First thing - you are running a record engine that is 3 years old - recommend upgrading to the latest. It is a Linux system, NAS?

tspin

Post by tspin »

Yikes .... Ok I went through updated the record engine. I am using a QNAP with the QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine 202110624.

When I see the dashboard on QNAP (open new tab) from the app, it loads the green page as it should but is blank. I get a ">" and that is it. Down at the bottom it says it is running, but there is no info.

Thanks again for your help.

tspin

Post by tspin »

I am going to retry a channel scan and report back.

tspin

Post by tspin »

That seems to have fixed things at least for the Windows 10 App and the Android App, but I still have the initial issue of the Amazon Fire TV 4K sticks going to a blank screen when started. The time is wrong in the app and shows 10:09 as I type this. I am central time zone where it is 9:18 p.m. Not sure if that is related.

The HDHR FireTV app still works, i.e. I can see the menu and controls, but I do not any live video.

Also - from the QNAP, when I try to launch the HDHomeRun DVR Manager in a new tab, I get the green screen that indicates Version 1.0.4, with Record engine version 20210624, but the dashboard main area is completely blank. The light green footer says "HDHomeRun RECORD running | 20210714-02:21:31 Recorded: recorded sync success"

Thanks again for you help.

tspin

Post by tspin »

So.... on the NAS I now have a new folder. My older folder for recordings was called HDHomeRun. I have a new one called HDHomeRunDVR, that appears to have some recordings in it from my Windows 10 client. Hmmmm... I will poke around and see what needs to be changed. It also looks like a new user was created, or that was there all along and I have forgotten. I will check the permissions.

edit - I looked and it appears I can change the folder back, but I have to do that from the UI that is blank I think......

Also - on the FireTV it still says no guide access, when I look at devices in the settings page. So I am back to where I started :D

Should I stick with the new folder? Can I simply copy things from the old folder to the new one?

Thanks again.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

You should be able to copy things over. There might be a permissions issue, but that should be easy to correct. Just reply back and I'll dig around for the command to fix that. The HDHomeRunDVR should have a user.

For the Fire TV app, do you have any VPN software running?

tspin

Post by tspin »

No - there is no VPN on the FireTV.

Nothing changed that I am aware of, other than live TV stopped working. I still have the same issues across 2 units.

Thanks.

tspin

Post by tspin »

Let me know if there is any additional information you need.

tspin

Post by tspin »

Can anyone help? My Fire TVs do now work, but Windows 10 and Android does.

Thank you.

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

tspin wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:07 am Can anyone help? My Fire TVs do now work, but Windows 10 and Android does.
Are you saying everything does work now or is there a typo in there somewhere.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

How is your network set up? Just one router or router/model, or are there multiple routers, access points, network switches, repeaters, or a mesh unit with multiple nodes? It might just be a configuration issue, where for some reason the Fire TV is on a different part of the system. Also, if you use static IP addresses, you will want to make sure everything on the network is using the same subnet mask.