Subtitles are always on by default on app load

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
321liftoff

Subtitles are always on by default on app load

Post by 321liftoff »

On Nvidia shield

Version 20210624(app) / 20210623 (UI)

For at least the past month, when I enter the app and start playing a recording, subtitles are on by default. Volume is on.

If I stop playing, go back to the HDHOMERUN menu and select another recording, that video also shows subtitles.

I can manually disable them through the onscreen GUI, and that setting applies to all recordings and sticks for the remainder of the session.

If I exit the app and come back in, subtitles are enabled again. *Repeat*

Also, Muting (volume going off) toggles the subtitles and turns them off.

321liftoff

Re: Subtitles are always on by default on app load

Post by 321liftoff »

This issue is still happening.

Is there something I can do troubleshoot it, or get more data?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

I haven't seen this on my Nvidia Shield, but I have seen this on a Hisense Android TV in my guest bedroom when I checked it just now. I will work with the dev team to see what's going on.

agdw

Post by agdw »

I have the same problem on my 2018 Mac mini running MacOS 10.14.6. When I first installed, it was ok for a day, and then subtitles came on, and I can't get rid of them. Toggling the CC button doesn't fix it, neither does changing channels. Worse still, the subtitles sit in the middle of the screen, rather than the bottom. Even quitting HDHomeRun and relaunching doesn't help; the subtitles are still there! Please help, SiliconDust!

SoNic67

Post by SoNic67 »

Subtitles are off on Windows 10 and LG apps too... no matter what is the color of that CC.
I want them "ON" sometimes, but not always (example watching at night, with low volume).
Last edited by SoNic67 on Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

agdw

Post by agdw »

I think I have worked out how to sort the problem on my Mac. It’s a mix of toggling the Speaker icon at the left of the control bar and the CC button over to the right. Eventually it will say ‘Subtitles Off’ and, since then, mine have not come back on again. That’s on a Mac - I don’t know if it will be the same for Windows.

321liftoff

Post by 321liftoff »

NedS wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:15 am I haven't seen this on my Nvidia Shield, but I have seen this on a Hisense Android TV in my guest bedroom when I checked it just now. I will work with the dev team to see what's going on.
Any updates? It is still happening on my Nvidia shield.

My Android phone does not have this problem.

321liftoff

Post by 321liftoff »

@NedS any updates on resolving this issue?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

321liftoff wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:36 am @NedS any updates on resolving this issue?
Unfortunately, I'm having inconsistent results in trying to replicate the issue. The current theory is that sometimes the app isn't correctly detecting when volume is muted or not. Or the toggled state is starting out inverted, somehow. I will press the issue internally and see what we can come up with.