Complete system down - no TV see Recordings no guide?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
titantractor271

Complete system down - no TV see Recordings no guide?

Post by titantractor271 »

Hi - My complete DVR and TV system is down today. The HDHomeRun Config GUI app is showing television transmissions are getting to the two scribes I have. I am seeing signal strength and the 15104BE tuner registering right now. When I start any HDHomeRun application, I have no channels. I am thinking the Guide is broken?

titantractor271

Re: Complete system down - no TV see Recordings no guide?

I was able to use the VIEW button on the HDHomeRun Config GUI to launch VNC and watch TV on my laptop. Seems like the tuners are in use and recording. Though my Smart TV was getting zero bytes when using the MEDIA features.

titantractor271

The page:
http://my.hdhomerun.com/#tab-2

Reports:
No HDHomeRun DVR detected.
Get our DVR service now. $35 per year, per entire household.
Watch your favorite recorded shows across all your smart devices on your home WiFi network.

So the head end at SiliconDust is not seeing my devices. Obviously my network does have internet...

titantractor271

Discover and Tasks are blank running HDHomeRun on my PC. Plex is able to watch live TV. I am still trying to diagnose, but I'd like to know what is happening and solve it.

titantractor271

System seems back on line: I was about to test some of the APIs. I presume the guide was down??? What was the problem?
HDHomeRun SCRIBE DUO 151041BE
Version 20210422
78 Channels

HDHomeRun SCRIBE QUATRO 1520267D
Version 20210422
77 Channels

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

The SCRIBE units have been configured to send diagnostic information.

Weird - there was a 7 hour window where the SCRIBE units couldn't talk with our diagnostic server (harmless but weird). During that 7 hour window they were still syncing with guide server and making recordings correctly.

Edit - this wasn't a problem on our side. Given the other symptoms my guess is a problem with your internet or router.

Nick

titantractor271

nickk wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:49 am Edit - this wasn't a problem on our side. Given the other symptoms my guess is a problem with your internet or router.
Nick
Thank you for the reply. It was strange that I had to turn back on the feature to send you data. Been working fine now for a few days.